Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Houston new owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Houston new owners

Hi everyone,

New to Houston as my wife and I moved here from Scotland UK 3 weeks ago and definately new to Trucks as we only bought one last night! We got a nice 2005 F150 King Ranch, in great condition.....its huge compared to what we see in the UK.....will have to learn a lot about it but so far loving it!!!

Hope to meet up with some folks soon!

Mark
Old 09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Nice man... Hope you enjoy this parcel of land we like to call the USA. What brought you here (if you do not mind me asking)?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 AM

Hi Lenn,

Thanks for the welcome. I work for an oil company, dealing mostly with improving offshore oilfield operations and maintenance and helping new projects to incorporate operations requirements into a new design. Basically trying to make things work as good as they should!

Our head office is in Houston and I always said I would like to work here one day. The term is probably 3 years minimum, but hope we can stay a lot longer, my wife and I both love it so far!

Have been reading up on the spark plug issue.....I have no idea when our truck last had them changed? Its got a really got service history with all the stamps in the maintenane schedule carried out at the dealer we bought it from. Its a high mileage car but I think any V8 engine, cruising along freeways is hardly being stressed at all.

Anyway, good to be here

Mark
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Well good luck with the oil rig operations. Being in the US Coast Guard, we have PLENTY of interaction with them. There are litterally 1000's of rigs in the Gulf.

Anywho, about your spark plugs... The service interval on them is 100k. If you do not yet have that on your truck, I would assume that they have never been changed. If the service has been kept up and you have over 100k, it is likely that they have been done but it would be good to have at least one pulled to check condition to verify.

If you find out that they have not been replaced, I would not be scared to attempt to replace them yourself. Yes, there is a tendancy to break if not pre-treated prior to removal. Allow them to soak in a penetrating oil (PB Blaster for instance) overnight and make sure you are careful in their removal. I personally helped a buddy out with his and we soaked them and when removing, we started from the left front-most cylinder (when facing the truck) and went about one turn on each plug going from #1 all the way around to #8, then went and did another turn following the same pattern. It took a while but we got it done luckily with no breakage.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 AM

Default plugs

Sounds like a plan, the truck is running really well, it does have 136,000 on the clock but I am assuming they have been done. I'll contact the dealer as see if he can confirm that.

I've only been out in the Gulf once a few years ago, it was really beautiful out there on a good day, clear ocean and huge fish! In the UK north sea, its usually stormy, grey and windy!

Anyway, have a good day and thanks for the advice.

Mark
Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 AM
all hail the blue oval

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Markdas welcome to the US and welcome to the forum. What's Scotland like would love to go visit there and Ireland both someday.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Houston new owners