Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hi From Manitoba Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi From Manitoba Canada!

Recently started a new career and my office is my new 2015 Ruby Red XLT 4X4. This being a fleet truck it only has the naturally aspirated 3.5L in it. Overall I am quite happy with it. The paint is applied nicely and it is a good looking truck. The voice recognition for hands free calling is better than my 2013 Ram. The fold down center console and cup holders are nice as is the flat work surface on the console which I use to fill out my reports. Power is OK but passing on the highway does require much more time in the oncoming lane compared to my Hemi Ram but that is to be expected. Will recommend to boss that he should consider the Turbo 2.7 as it gets the same mileage as the 3.5.

Surprised that I had a stone blow a hole through my bumper (1" hole through those plastic pads on either side of the license plate).

Really wish all manufacturers would have a back-up cam as standard equipment. Added a Hotchkiss one to my Ram and it is great. Will do the same to my F150 come spring.

The only other bother I have is the drivers door armrest (next to window) does not work for me. After a 600-700km day I get F150 elbow! There just is no sweet spot that works for me but in my Ram it is never a thought. Getting rid of the downward curve towards the mirror, adding a bit of padding and for me bringing it a 1/2-1" closer would work for me.

All in all I have to say the new Ford is a heck of a nice truck. I only hope this new one is as reliable as my old 85 F150.

BTW Thanks for having a great and relatively easy to navigate forum.

Cheers
Derek
Attached Thumbnails Hi From Manitoba Canada!-t2.jpg  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:02 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site Derek
Tony

Quick Reply: Hi From Manitoba Canada!