Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hi - and I might need marriage counselling

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hi - and I might need marriage counselling

The wife and I have been looking at replacing my car for something that fits our 3 kids comfortably (frankly - that is the primary purpose) - she was looking at all UTE type things - Explorer, Pathfinder, Highlander etc etc - needless to say, since I'm here, I had a different idea.

I called last night from the dealer and told her I just bought the FX4 with basically everything that can be latched on to it - it just sort of works out that way doesn't it! There was a moment of silence followed by the dreaded drawn out 'ooooo........ kay .......' followed quickly by 'I have to go the kids need me' ... needless to say that didn't bode well.

When I got home we discussed it some (she had driven one before but was really leaning to the explorer) - I brought up the Ford configurator and showed her all the this'es and the thats'es and she actually now seems genuinely pleased (well genuinely might be a stretch) maybe cautiously optimistic - that it is a good choice. I think what ultimately won her over was when I pointed out how great it will be when we get our Christmas tree - we are big Christmas family - that halted her as she considered it and that actually put a smile on her face (you just need to know the key words!)

Anyway I'm happy - and now need to figure out what tonneau cover to get and where to get it - point me to some threads /reviews if you like - (I'm in the greater Toronto area btw). It'll take a few days for them to bring in my exact model (have to trade with another dealer for it) but I'm one happy new owner this morning!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:17 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
On down the highway

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Lol welcome to the forum and your a lucky guy..When I was a kid, mom sent dad for a new family Wagon. ..he came home with a new 69 z 28 camaro. He was out showing it off and mom packed his bags said don't come back till its gone..came back 2 days later with a wagon
Old 09-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Unique & Different

Received 426 Likes on 351 Posts

Ha ha yeah. That's cool. My husband is the one that suggested me get a Ford truck. I had an Avalanche and was going to get another Chevy truck when he suggested I rent a F150 for a week to see if I like it. I loved it so I got an F150. He is a SUV guy.
One time your hooked. Your wide will love it and may want her own too. Ha ha
Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Hi - and I might need marriage counselling