Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hi from Hudson Valley NY.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hi from Hudson Valley NY.

Hi all, new to the forum been trolling for 2 weeks then finally registered. Realized there is a lot of great knowledge and information on this forum. Just purchased a CPO 2015 Lariat screw bronze fire red, 8500 miles, 501a, twin panel roof and couple other features. Wife and I absolutely love the truck. This is my 2nd ford truck. I still have my 2001 Expedition XLT 5.4L w/116000 (for sale). Wife gave the order, "if you sell the Exp, you BETTER buy another truck!" Yes dear. And so the f150 was purchased.
Back to my 2015 lariat. Like I said I love the truck. Already tinted front windows, line x the bed and ordered my tonneau cover. Now for some bad news after having the truck for 3 weeks.

WIND NOISE, WIND NOISE, WIND NOISE. I noticed at highway speeds 55 mph or better the front driver side door rattles slightly over small bumps and makes a lot of wind noise. Not happy!! My 01 exp cabin is way quieter.
Second when I turn on the heat(Lower vent) there is a strange engine smell (oil or gas)getting into the trucks cabin. It only lasts for a minute or two and then it's gone.
Are these common problems with the 2015 f150? The truck will be going back to the dealer for service. Hopefully ford will make do and fix the problems.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:45 AM

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome but sorry to hear of your issues. Keep us posted on your situation.
The following users liked this post:
Nazz26 (01-20-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks DD. Ford dealer looking at it. They ordered new weather stripping/molding and will replace. Will keep all posted.

Quick Reply: Hi from Hudson Valley NY.