Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello, shopping in South ATX

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 AM
In the Market

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, shopping in South ATX

Hi, been renting trucks to move junk out of the in-laws house and am one desk away from completing. Now I'm considering buying but haven't had a chance to rent a Ford and that isn't right. Late summer purchase, 50% down.
I need room for two good sized dogs so looking for a big cab w/ leather trim, rubber floor and tips on DIY soundproofing the truck. 4x4, maybe if I get a second set of wheels / tires.
I have a little acreage east of Bryan and will be building a get away home for my parents and their grandkids - not mine.
Why purchase a truck? I spent a number of years getting around by bicycle until a white Toyota mini-truck driver who was texting turned into me as I watched my wheels go under. I was fortunately able to avoid that part but still took a slam into the asphalt. While I did break an arm, I didn't go to the hospital since I couldn't afford an emergency room visit. Therefore the police didn't take it seriously and pursue the hit and run and negligent attempted homicide. Bought a micro-SUV from my employer after that, sold it, inherited a Honda Fit (which does hold 8' pieces of steel tube / lumber with all doors closed - 9'+ if flexible). In the Honda I have anxiety because I can't see around the SUV's and trucks to be able to see why nobody made any effort for forward progress when the light went through a cycle. It's because someone(s) were texting. I had the recent realization in a rental Silverado that the people in the trucks (including myself) are less bothered because they can see everything and are sitting in a comfortable, quiet and roomy metal shell. I won't be the piece of trash texting and creating gridlock, but the person that doesn't care because he is comfortable. I have water in the cab, I'll get home eventually.
Looking for a new truck, some soundproofing upgrades. Interior lock box for items I want to keep out of the hands of thieves.
I have to mention south, because of traffic there is no way to get to north Austin.
So is that a rant or an intro?
Cheers!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I can recommend Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels. I purchased my truck there in 2013 and return there for all my maintenance/service needs (I live in San Antonio). Since you're in south ATX, its not too bad of a drive to get there.

And welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Hello, shopping in South ATX