Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello from S.F. bay area

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hello from S.F. bay area

Hello all, this appears to be a great resource forum for interested F150 people like me.

I've never bought a new vehicle and never own a truck. I'm looking to buy a Supercrew 4x2 F150 this weekend. I was very close to purchasing a maroon version with some chrome, side steps, power rear window, power seats, and such. After everything was rebated and with the finance offering, the truck would be just over $28,000.

Is this a good deal? Would I be happy with the vehicle? We're a family of five and enjoy our summers up in the California mountains. We're looking to get a boat in the future and will tow with this vehicle.

We have a second home at about 3,700 feet and it snows moderately in the winter. I'm not concerned about 4x4, but should I figure this into my purchasing options?

Thanks for any advice, tips, and this site.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome

Well it is hard to say without knowing what the base price was with all the options. You can figure the F150’s are selling for 15% to 20% under invoice depending on the dealer. The F150 are great trucks for towing and hauling. I prefer 4x4 over 4x2, but that is just my personal preference. Do you ever see yourself in the situation where you need 4WD? Of course they cost more so if you have no need for a 4x4, 4x2 is the way to go.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:50 AM

my biggest asset these days on figuring out what a vehicle besides book is ebay lol
you can get a pretty good idea what a truck is bringing sometimes, and on the newer truck a good portion of the dealers put the rock bottom price because they are either liquidating overstock or selling on the dollar in large quantities..

check it out I saw a 08 super crew 2wd red with a buy it now of 20,998 new.. some reason it will not let me add a link so just go to ebay and type or paste in item number 320373062937

Last edited by Skunkcontrol; 05-24-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Thank you for the reply, Boz!

Originally Posted by The Boz
Welcome

Well it is hard to say without knowing what the base price was with all the options. You can figure the F150’s are selling for 15% to 20% under invoice depending on the dealer.
I just don't know all the options offhand, but believe it's a decent deal (the man I was working with insisted it was, of course).
Oh, it's a long bed and those seem to be less available at the dealerships I've contacted.
I was hoping to score a great deal on this weekend and in this economy.

Originally Posted by The Boz
I prefer 4x4 over 4x2, but that is just my personal preference. Do you ever see yourself in the situation where you need 4WD? Of course they cost more so if you have no need for a 4x4, 4x2 is the way to go.
I could see us using the 4WD in snowy conditions, but with three young children, we would avoid going out in any real heavy conditions anyway.

Last edited by H_E_H; 05-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Skunkcontrol
my biggest asset these days on figuring out what a vehicle besides book is ebay lol
you can get a pretty good idea what a truck is bringing sometimes, and on the newer truck a good portion of the dealers put the rock bottom price because they are either liquidating overstock or selling on the dollar in large quantities..

check it out I saw a 08 super crew 2wd red with a buy it now of 20,998 new.. some reason it will not let me add a link so just go to ebay and type or paste in item number 320373062937
Skunk, that's brilliant - eBay! I'll head over there. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:27 AM

well that link is not correct, for some reason it keep linking to car parts ..

so you might just have to go to ebaymotors.com and get into cars and trucks.. you can put that number above in that box to see that particular truck..
Old 05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by H_E_H
Skunk, that's brilliant - eBay! I'll head over there. Thanks for the link.
Welcome to the board!

I bought my 96 F150 on eBay 2 years ago and she has been great!
Just be careful about the sellers, if there are not many pictures of the truck, as them to post more. If they don't want to post more pics, they may be hiding something. The seller that I bought my truck from had like 30 pics from every angle, inside and out. Also, don't be afraid to wait a little for your "perfect" truck, people list vehicles every day.

Good luck!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 184 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by dewman
Welcome to the board!

I bought my 96 F150 on eBay 2 years ago and she has been great!
Just be careful about the sellers, if there are not many pictures of the truck, as them to post more. If they don't want to post more pics, they may be hiding something. The seller that I bought my truck from had like 30 pics from every angle, inside and out. Also, don't be afraid to wait a little for your "perfect" truck, people list vehicles every day.

Good luck!
yea same here, they do not want bad feedback so the guy i got mine from took a picture of every knick and speck as well as said it needed a engine when it did not.. all to protect his 100% feedback..

so watch feedback closely..
Old 05-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Hello from S.F. bay area