Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello From Oklahoma 05 F150 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello From Oklahoma 05 F150 5.4

Just a little introduction since I am new here. My name is Dustin originally from North Carolina but currently live in Lawton, Oklahoma.

I recently purchased a 5.4l 2005 F150 Lariat Super Crew, short bed, with a low low 169k miles on it. It was a little previously abused but it isn't in bad shape and I am slowely getting it back in shape.

It has a Ranch Hand front bumper/ grill, Rough Country 2" lift all the way around and Nitto tires. I put a Pace Edwards Roll Up bed cover as well.

I have had to put a new exhaust to replace the straight pipe that was on it and fix an exhaust leak that was messing with my O2 sensor readings on one bank. Replaced all the ball joints in the front end and changed the fluids through the whole truck. Coolant, engine oil, trans oil, rear diff, front diff, transfer case. Replaced the fog lights that were full of water, the rear thrid brake light that was busted out and some other miscellaneous lights that were burnt out. Replaced the old style key with a new style so the remote entry is attached to the key (it only came with one key anyway).

I'll post up a pic when I have more time. There seems to be lots of good info on here and look forward to learning from all you truck gear heads that been in the game a while. I'm coming from small cars so I'm figuring out a lot. Thanks

Dustin
Old 01-20-2016, 07:34 AM

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Sounds like you're having a good time with your new ride. You are right about "good info" within this forum. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your ride. Hope you took some "before" shots so we can all see the progress.

I worked 35 years in automotive HVAC first here in KY and then in metro Detroit. Retired back here to KY in 2013.

Quick Reply: Hello From Oklahoma 05 F150 5.4