Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello. new here

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello. new here

Hello, my names Max, 3 months ago I purchased a 1993 Ford F150 4x4 302/5.0L, automatic, extended cab, maroon in color. as of yesterday, she rolled 206,000 miles, i bought this truck because this body style F150 has always been my favorite and my grandparents are the original owners from the factory. The last 10 years I have been the only mechanic to touch the truck and I must say, she has held together very well. all internals are the originals, the heads have never been pulled, still has the factory distributor and throttle body and the most amazing thing in my opinion is that the transmission has never been pulled or touched, has the original torque convertor still. The only things I have replaced in 10 years besides normal maintenance items are the front cover, water pump, t-stat housing, heater core and all hoses. When I bought the truck I did the usual, all filters, plugs, wires, coil, and other odds and ends. The truck runs like its brand new.

Now for my background, when I was 17 I went to work for Ford, I had to work a year in parts due to age insurance issues. as soon as I could I moved to the truck shop and specialized in diesel. I worked for ford for 6 years, 5 in the shop. I got fully certified for all ford vehicles up to 2010. since I left ford I have welded pipe-line, and worked at 2 different diesel performance shops. im currently still at one of them, we do all vehicles but mainly diesel. on the side for the last 8 years, I have been doing custom metal fabrication for vehicles.

So anyways, im glad to be here, hope I can help as much as possible and am always happy to learn as much as I can.

I don't have any current pics of the f150 but I figured ill throw a picture in of my other baby. "betsy" is a 99 ranger 4x4 3.slow that ive had for 8 years. shes a business "rolling billboard" for my metal fabrication business.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:07 PM

That didn't work... ill try again

Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 AM

thanks, I forgot to add in that I am located in texas.

Quick Reply: Hello. new here