Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hello, it's me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool hello, it's me!

No, I'm not really a Todd Rundgren fan. I just thought I'd introduce myself, which I posted to an old thread, and I can't find the hot-link to.

This is my first post I guess, here is my previous comment:

<quote>
I'm a new member, and this is my first reply.

I own a 2001 F150, which I bought new in 2002. More on that later. I've also hauled cars and yes, trucks, since 1986, starting at Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant, which was the home of the Taurus, and now I'm back and Chicago is the home of the Taurus and Explorer. There is also a rail ramp there, and we haul plenty of Kansas City F-150 units too.

I found this forum by searching dealer hold-back. My take is that the hold-back is off-set by the dealer floor-plan, after ninety days lot time, it is gone. When I first started hauling cars out of Chicago we had a few dealers who were COD, we had to pick up a check. It wasn't because their credit wasn't good, it was because they didn't wish to participate in the floor-plan financing. Most were very small farm community dealers, but one was wildly successful, having picked up huge business from the Michigan oil boom in the 50s and 60s.

What caught my eye in the OP was the comment about paying for dealer prep. It has always been my impression that the dealer is paid for dealer prep on the back-side by the manufacturer upon delivery (by me). IMHO, if any dealer charges for dealer prep, that is as much a rip-off as doc fees. Transportation charges, on the other hand are legit, as there is a real charge which is paid, and averaged out amongst dealer locations so that dealers closer to the origination point do not have an advantage over dealers elsewhere. The truck load segment averages a minimum of four dollars a mile, and I've hauled loads which paid twelve bucks a mile, and this is not including rail charges, if any.

So if any dealer offers to waive the transportation costs, he is taking it out of something else, likely the hold-back.

A Ford invoice will also include a charge for 7 gallons of gas for around 75 bucks. I've been written up for that many years ago. I'm pretty sure we didn't pay it, LOL!

Today I am looking at purchasing an Edge before the '15 1/2 comes out next spring. I like the current styling, and I have a personal policy to never purchase a first generation version of nearly anything.</quote>
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks! It will be interesting to see what the new redesign brings us.