Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello everyone

Just thought id stop in and say hi and tell a little bit about myself..
Ive been messing with cars/bikes most of my life and im a member on many different auto forums. Had a nice new GMC with the duramax but payments were just too much (im also paying a ****-ton of student loans off) so i sold it two weeks ago and just picked up an old ford.

specs
-302 v8
-4 speed w/ granny gear
-reg cab & 8ft bed

This truck obviously hasnt been taken care of in a LONG time. The good part is that the truck only has 109,xxx miles and has had alot of the general maintanence stuff done over the past few years (gaskets, filters, pumps, gas tank, etc). Picked it up for 800 bux and proceded to spend 4 hrs scrubbing the dirt and crap out of the engine bay (its pretty shiny now). I just replaced the entire track bar. Also removed the air injection system because Installed pacesetter shorty headers, jegs catless 2.5" y-pipe, and built my own 2.5" exhaust with muffler that exits with a nice tip directly in front of the passenger rear tire.

Have a long way to go.. have to replace body mounts, fix rust in the cab corners, and replace the bed with one that isnt rusting out. The ultimate goal is to make this into a solid truck thatll be there when I need for work/transportation as my future goals include purchasing a little farmette and I need reliable 4wd to get to the hospital where i work (we get some good snow and flooding occasionally in PA).

Here she is..

Last edited by dp2275; 09-10-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice truck, welcome to the site
Old 09-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .... Lots of good guys and info here.... Thats a nice looking oldie !!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. She needs alot of work for sure! The frame and all suspension components are a bit rusty but nothing too serious. I think im going to replace the spring towers up front and a few other suspension brackets and give everything underneath a good rust-proof coating.