Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello to everyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to everyone

Glad to be here. I found a post on google re: stabilizer link bolt. Seems easy enough to do with the advice given. Right side top portion of bolt is missing. Do these bolts break often? I bought my 97 4x4 last year. The truck has had some no start issues, still has both break and ABS display lite on, only one insturment cluster light seems to be working.... ah well, now you can see why I am here. I want to keep it.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Welcome to the site! I only have one tip for you, if both the ABS and brake light are on it's usually air in the system. The ABS light usually comes on when the brake light is on. If it were just the ABS light then it would be a problem with the ABS system.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome Sean and Triton.

I appreciate your insight into the ABS light trouble Sean..... I've had others tell me it may be low brake fluid so I've kept and eye on it, but the problem is intermittent. For instance, yesterday the lights both went out (brake and ABS dash lights)during a short trip into town. Both came back on after having stopped at a store on the way home. I know there are sensors that may have a poor connection, but I've yet to locate the connections to check. I am hoping to find a photo of these sensors (other than the BOO switch) at the wheels and rear differential. Any further insight would be helpful. Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I guess you should start with inspecting a sensor of a brake fluid level, wich is located on a cap of a master cylinder canister. I guess that if there'd be a wheel sensor problem you'd have only ABS light on. Try to short it and see what happends
Old 08-12-2008, 06:04 PM

Welcome to the forum!