Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello from Az

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Az

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and new to the F-150. My name is Shawn and I live in San Tan Valley, Az. I just picked up a white 2004 Lariat Supercrew. Within 24 hours, I had added steps. I'm not sure what to do next. Leveling kit? Chip? ??????
Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome Shawn,
Glad to see yet another member from the Grand Canyon state. I would go with the leveling kit since you said you just got steps. The level will give a better look to the truck and the steps. From there go to the intake or exhaust. There's a couple of places out here that do nice work. Do you have a bedliner? There's some cheap and good shops for that too.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

welcome, as for the "chip" they have gone away from those and now have programmers that will reprogram the trucks computer by simply plugging in the device to the ODBII port and following the on screen directions. but they cost a pretty penny but are better then a chip because you can have 3 different tunes for different situations and you can even get custom tunes that will get you the most power for your truck and the mods you have on your truck

btw im in table town aka mesa
Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to AZ!

Leveling kit, EDGE EVO programmer, Exhaust and Cold Air Intake sounds like a good start!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

whats this guys deal? never came back.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

welcome to the forums... come back!! and post pictures
Old 10-08-2010, 08:30 AM

I guess zchpro called me out on this. I've been a slacker, at best. I haven't really done much to the truck this last month. I had a window regulator die and had it repaired by a local guy who replaces the plastic parts with metal ones and picked up a Superchips FlashPaq. I got it off Craigslist from a guy who had bought it to use on his Ranger. It wouldn't work with the Ranger and I got it for $75. It couldn't be simpler to use and completely changed the character of my truck. It is now much more responsive and more pleasant to drive. I also found a black honeycomb grill and replaced the gold one my Lariat came with. I like the black MUCH better myself.

Sorry for the glare and the bad phone camera picture, but here's my truck as it sits now (without my personalized plates.)
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

looks sick man. glad to see that you're not a one post wonder. that guy who replaced your regulators with metal ones. is he also from craigslist? I've seen his ads. did you just have him do the one that broke or all four?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Thanks, ZCHPRO. Yeah, it's the guy from Craigslist. I just had him do one, but will call him the minute any of the others fail. His name is Paul Nagy and his phone number is 480 570 5116. He came out to my work and changed it while I was working. I highly recommend him to anyone in the Phoenix area. He charges $99 a window and replaces the plastic pieces that wear out with metal ones. He also replaced my cables inside the door that were all unwound and kinked.

My truck should look better when I get a leveling kit on it. I want to go with the 3" front 1 1/2" back kit. I'd like to get it locally, but will order off Ebay if I have to. I'm also thinking about painting my wheels flat black and running on them until I can get a set of Monsters. There was a set of 5 20" Monsters for $699 on CL last week and, just as I was ready to hit 'send' on my email to the guy, I saw that they were 5-lug.

Oh well, I've got to go to work. Have a great weekend and enjoy this "awful" weather.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad your back. Nice truck.