Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hawaiian F150

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 AM
JWo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawaiian F150

Whats up dudes. I actually posted a few things on here but I thought I'd formally introduce myself:

I'm a broke college student, just graduated, found a sweet deal on an f150 on craigslist, went to go check it out, turns out it was my girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend (small world). He gave me an even sweeter deal on it, so I got a 99 f150 xlt for $2k!

When I bought it: The GEM module thing was acting up on him so the windows, locks, wipers, brake shifter system was all out of whack. Big ding on the passenger side of the truck bed. Faded paint, rust on the roof, rattling on the suspension, bad brakes....but....1 yr old tires, AC works, 4.6L (which is a nice upgrade from my 2.3l ranger)

So far I spent $370 and read a whole lot of this forum and: fixed the GEM problem, popped and buffed out most of the dent, replaced 2 rotors and brake pads, replaced sway bar link (rattling), put in bed lining, did body work on on the rust, changed most fluids.

I'm super stoked with this truck. I just gotta fix the service engine soon: p0401 code and replace the door lock actuators and i'll be all set! Glad to meet all you guys
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice deal! Welcome to the boards bud!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a great deal !

Quick Reply: Hawaiian F150