Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Greetings from ON, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum and just purchased my first F150 from my dad... and it's a 2013 Lariat

In the spring of 2013 my mom and dad seperated after 40 years of marriage.
Growing up my dad and I were never close as he was always away for work and we didn't share the same interests. That summer he suggested we pack a bag and head to the east coast for a little vacation, seeing how hurt and alone he still felt I packed my bag and away we went.
2 hours into the drive we stopped for coffee and snacks, and he handed me the keys. The next 18 hours were the best hours of my life, we talked and bonded not just as father and son... but as what we consider to be best friends.

Fast forward to December 22, 2014...
I got a call from my dad's lawyer saying that he's had a massive stroke and may not make it, and I should go there immediately. Dad pulled through, but has a very limited vocabulary, is stuck in a wheelchair now, and lives in a long term care facility not 10 minutes from my house.

Watching the expenses pile up and seeing his truck sitting lifeless in my brothers driveway for just over a year now, my wife and my brother suggested that I buy it.

Having a truck I love and helping my dad... there's no better feeling!

A little history, and a ton of sentimental value to it. Man, I love this truck!

My new baby

Last edited by XxMISERYxX; 03-06-2016 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:55 AM

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to the forum and glad that you could help your dad by buying his F150. Your post hit home as I (as many others) don't really know our dads as they work a lot of hours. My dad has long since left this earth as I am myself going to be 62 this year. Please spend time with your dad and let him know that you will always love him. My dad and I were never close and that is sad. However I hope that you and your dad can enjoy more time together.
Thanks for your post!
Phil
Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Army Signals retired

Received 220 Likes on 190 Posts

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your situation with your Dad but glad that he did pull through. I thought I was close to my dad as a little guy but after growing up and moving back close to home, I found out that wasn't true at all. My Dad died a few years ago and to this day, both my brothers have never told me, we found out through a family friend....use this time to be with your Dad and make the best of it.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

Welcome to site.
Cherish the time with your dad. Maybe get him out for ride in the truck.

Quick Reply: Greetings from ON, Canada