Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Frustrated new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated new owner!

My first truck ever was a Chevy, my recently deceased 2001 truck was a Dodge, and my newest truck is a 2010 F150 XLT. I think the looks and styling of the Ford are the best out there, but out of the gate I am not excited about some of the problems I have had after one month of purchasing this truck. First I found my headliner soaked after the first rain we had, but quickly thanks to this forum removed and siliconed my third brake light. Next after opening my rear sliding window I heard a flapping sound and noticed the gasket flapping in the wind!! After a little research I had a customer of mine who does mobile glass install, remove the sliding rear window, and replace it with a factory solid piece of glass, no more issues with the sliding glass now. And last but not least I get in the truck on Friday and turn the temperature control **** for the AC, and it no longer adjust the temperature. Still researching and any advice greatly appreciated, as I couldn't afford any kind of extended warranty. Hoping its something easy to fix, but sounds like it may be the motor with three screws that is so much fun to get to. Anyways look forward to reading more here on the forum, and to start modifying instead of repairing my new (to me) F150.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your bumpy start with your truck but all the more reason to mod her
Old 10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum!

Quick Reply: Frustrated new owner!