Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

floor shifter in 93 f150 xlt

Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb floor shifter in 93 f150 xlt

so i've got a 1993 f150XLT single cab short bed. 302. column shifter snapped under the dash and i was using the wire under the dash to put in in and out of drive. then the cable bent and wouldn't shift in gear. so i crawled underneath and unhooked it from the tranny, now i have to put on the parking break and crawl underneath to put it in drive or park. i've got a friend and all my family says to put a floor shifter in it. i know someone who has done this before and loved it. hes worked on chevy's his hole life but a couple fords. any details anyone could help me with about it? what i would need and if it would cause any problems? thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.come ..Lots of good guys and info here... Be sure to post some pictures

ive did this on a 91 mercury grand marquis... im pretty sure its about the same... it was very easy... you just need a shifter and a cable.. and a cable bracket... but if you look in the 96 and earlier f150 section.. they will be able to tell you all about it im sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: floor shifter in 93 f150 xlt