Just thought I'd introduce myself in a post and my new acquisition, my name is Stephen and I just purchased a 2011 Supercrew Lariat model with the 5.0 V8 with 33k miles on it.
Main motivation for getting this was to have a better tow vehicle for my weekend warrior, my 99 Integra GSR that the wife and I bring to various road course events. We have a 2006 Frontier V6 and it will tow the car, but it's at it's limits of towing capacity, so picked up this F150 to enjoy the trips better without so much worry-some driving.
First vehicle I've had where it has something as simple as memory locations for the seats, my wife is a foot shorter than me so that will be a nice thing to have for once.
Not sure exactly if Lariats across the board have the same features, but ours has remote start, cooled and heated seats, powered back window, backup cam, tow package, bed cover, bed floor mat, and the drape walnut interior.
Short term plans for the truck:
- adding a little more security to itr
- bought and installed a DeeZee tailgate shock to make the tail gate open smoother
- bought (but haven't installed yet) a 2" front leveling kit
- get my Alpine 5 channel amp and subwoofer under the back seat, I'm torn between buying a box or building a custom one (which I am capable of, i built this one
for the car I traded in to get the truck)
- looking at getting the "Bedrug" bed liner kit for it
- figure out how to get the garage buttons on visor to work with my Craftsman Assurelink opener (looks like I need a Car2U repeater thing)
- get a double din nav radio in the dash
- cold air intake