Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

First Ford, First Truck in FL

Old 06-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First Ford, First Truck in FL

Hey everyone! I bought my first Ford and my first truck about a month ago. It's a Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Lariat SuperCrew. I got a couple pictures last week when there was some interesting light. I think that was the day that I put on the AVS seamless vent visors. That's about the only thing I've done so far but I'm loving them!

I ordered a 13-inch antenna to replace the stock one, that should be here tomorrow. I'm planning to get the DeeZee tailgate assist in the next couple of months, as well.

The major thing on my shopping list is a tonneau cover, but I'm undecided! If anyone can provide some tailored guidance, that would be fantastic! My truck will never be garaged and I live in Florida, where it rains all the time this time of year. I realize that most tonneau covers aren't going to be perfectly waterproof, but what are typical options that would suit my needs? I don't like the hard shell paint to match the body ones. I've been looking at the Truxedo Lo Pro QT, the BakFlip VP, maybe the Peragon cover (but I'm not a fan of the visible segmentation of the alumnium pieces).

Thanks for any advice and I'm looking forward to continued reading of the forum and hopefully participating some!
Attached Thumbnails First Ford, First Truck in FL-1.jpg  
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Agri-Cover, Inc. (06-25-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome and nice truck
Old 06-24-2014, 08:15 PM

Thank you! I lurked for a long time before finally purchasing my truck!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. Florida and rain?.....I'm in Miami tonight and yup.....it's raining outside. lol
Old 06-24-2014, 10:05 PM

I don't think it's raining here at the moment, but it did earlier, haha. My current challenge is finding enough of a break in the weather to get the outside cleaned up. There's not a single day in the 10 day forecast with a chance of rain less than 30% :-(
Old 06-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Even when it's not raining, you're sweating so much that it feels like it is!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermercado
Hey everyone! I bought my first Ford and my first truck about a month ago. It's a Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Lariat SuperCrew. I got a couple pictures last week when there was some interesting light. I think that was the day that I put on the AVS seamless vent visors. That's about the only thing I've done so far but I'm loving them! I ordered a 13-inch antenna to replace the stock one, that should be here tomorrow. I'm planning to get the DeeZee tailgate assist in the next couple of months, as well. The major thing on my shopping list is a tonneau cover, but I'm undecided! If anyone can provide some tailored guidance, that would be fantastic! My truck will never be garaged and I live in Florida, where it rains all the time this time of year. I realize that most tonneau covers aren't going to be perfectly waterproof, but what are typical options that would suit my needs? I don't like the hard shell paint to match the body ones. I've been looking at the Truxedo Lo Pro QT, the BakFlip VP, maybe the Peragon cover (but I'm not a fan of the visible segmentation of the alumnium pieces). Thanks for any advice and I'm looking forward to continued reading of the forum and hopefully participating some!
The sun is what kills my truck, I'm getting a car cover
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by SFRLT626
Even when it's not raining, you're sweating so much that it feels like it is!
That's a fact! Feels like you're swimming rather than walking sometimes.

Originally Posted by Batman420
The sun is what kills my truck, I'm getting a car cover
I've definitely thought about it. I've got my sun shade and quality products to use on the vinyl/rubber/plastic and leather so I'm hoping the Florida sun won't destroy my new (to me) truck! But that definitely plays into what tonneau cover I end up with, I don't want to buy one that's going to just fade out in the first year I have it. That's definitely my biggest research point right now!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Some options for you

We make a low-profile tonneau that might fit the bill: the ACCESS® VANISH® Roll-Up Cover.

No tonneau cover can make a bed perfectly waterproof, but if you want to keep your bed as dry as possible, the VANISH comes with our Element Seal™ gasket for the front bar. I would also recommend you consider our TRAILSEAL® Tailgate Gasket for sealing up the tailgate (This can work with tonneau covers other than our own, too).

Please let me know if I can help you outfit your truck.

Last edited by Agri-Cover, Inc.; 06-25-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Corrected an error
Supermercado (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Sharp looking truck!
Supermercado (06-25-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Ford, First Truck in FL