Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First ford ever...age 29, SK Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ford ever...age 29, SK Canada

Hey everyone as my title says I'm new here, now that I bought (well traded for) my my first ford. My gem...a 1978 F-150 reg cab, long box, 2wd, 4bl, 460cui/7.5L, factory cap included. She has 164000 original kms, and the interior is mint, body not so much. A guy I knew had it back in his treee line for the past 10years and figured she would get going with some TLC. We showed up, cracked a fresh case of beer and began diggin her out. upon opening his beer the original owner said..."well I guess were even". So I paid a can of beer for the truck. Towed it home, new plugs, filters, a battery, some carb cleaner and she was running..poorly but she was running. I still havent rebuilt the carb cause she runs pretty good now, the worst part was getting the tanks cleaned out which had 10 year old fuel in them. Finally they are flushed and I can quit changing filters every week. I am anxious to see how she does with our -35C winter. Maybe then she will need a carb rebuild.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the forums. A truck for a can of beer sounds like a good deal. After the good gas flushes through the carburetor, maybe it won't need to be overhauled.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the boards!

Quick Reply: First ford ever...age 29, SK Canada