Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

First FOOoooRRrrd?(PUKE)

Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First FOOoooRRrrd?(PUKE)

well i finally gave in gunna buy this thing...f150 1998 4double d lifted dryrotted tires no heater real NICE body hu hu dents scratches... 103000 but it sounds good and moves when you put it in drive.......my father taught me that ford sucks...... well the previous owner treated the exterior like crap but i think with a little love i can make it look mean and maybe proove my prior thoughts about ford wrong.. pictures to follow.......if you have some hand me downs or decent priced items for a 98 ( i dont care what color} lemme know im in oceanside ca
i will post pics as the process goes on
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com... Lots of good guys and info here... be sure to post some pictures

i had a 98 and absolutly loved it... there are some issues here and there ... but once you get it lined out im sure you will love it
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Remember: Cats eat grass

Default they all sux

its funny, because whoever you talk to, they will all say that one brand sucks. usually becuase they had a bad experience with that brand. its good that you will find out for yourself. i have had a bad experince with ford, toyota, mazda, nissan, and now my 09 chevy silverado. soon will be getting out from the chevy back to an old model f150. you typically see more old fords on the road than any other make....thats got to say something.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:16 AM

Default tommorow...

yeah i know what you mean i just finished a philosophy class and its too easy to get on the bandwagon... screw it im gonna make the most of it i enjoy getting hands on fixin done and making things functional and leaving it better than i found it so im buying a project i just hope its not gonna be pricey.

russ
Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 AM

what things are you relating too that i should watch out for thanks../things know in your knowledge in a 98 that has to go ...or were you just saying in response to my orig post???
Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

well ... on my 98 ill tell you all the proglems i had

ball joints.. i kept having one go at a time.. and then i finally changed them all at one.. tie rod ends also... sway bar links... everthing i could.. i did it at once... and i used top of the line parts... most parts were "spicer" brand.... and never hard another problem with them

had a wheel seal start leaking... i replaced both axle bearings and wheel seals...and both rear axles....

threw a rear drive shaft one time and had to drive it 120 miles on the front end.. i replaced all the u joints after that..

i replaced the spark plugs atleast once a year if not twice... it lost considerable power if i didnt...

trans mount...

that was it really... it seems like alot... when i got rid of it ..it had 190k on it... and i got it with 130.... i put a 6inch bds lift.. it had 35's for awhile and 37's for awhile... and it was always abused...drove hard and put up wet.. it was also my daily driver

and i absolutly loved it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First FOOoooRRrrd?(PUKE)