Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

engine problem triton 5.4 v-8

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question engine problem triton 5.4 v-8

I have a 2007 f150 s/b 4x4. Recently I had an oil change done at a local wal-mart. They were unable to remove the filter. I was told that they changed the oil, but not the filter and I would need to go to a dealership to have it replace on the next oil change. approx 8 weeks later, I had the oil changed at a local ford dealership. They advised that I have an oil leak from the filter. Once they changed the oil and filter my engine sensor light came on and my tire pressure sensor light came on. The dealership told me that the cam was skulled from operating with low oil pressure and the tire sensor showed that there is no sensors in the tires. Now I'm dealing with the dealership and wal-mart on who is responsible for the damage engine. My insurance company enginer advised that it was mechanical issue with the design of the engine because the sensor light never came on until the oil and filter was changed. Anyone with any similar incident please advise-- need help.

Thanks
Kipper
Old 02-21-2008, 07:24 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

For once I am not trying to offend you with an answer... This is a forum board, not a place to get legal advise. You need to talk to the dealer and find out why the oil light did not come on. You need to go to Wal-Mart and talk to them about the fact that the filter was damaged, even though they could not remove it and they did not tell you that fact. If you do not get satisfaction from either one then you should contact legal counsel to find out the next course of action. Sorry that this happened to you. Its not your fault, but this is a good reason not to get your oil changed at the same place you can buy baby diapers.

Last edited by NGM; 02-21-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NGM
For once I am not trying to offend you with an answer... This is a forum board, not a place to get legal advise. You need to talk to the dealer and find out why the oil light did not come on. You need to go to Wal-Mart and talk to them about the fact that the filter was damaged, even though they could not remove it and they did not tell you that fact. If you do not get satisfaction from either one then you should contact legal counsel to find out hte next course of action. Sorry that htis happened to you. Its not your fault, but this is a good erason not to get your oil changed at the same place you can buy baby diapers.
I am sure plenty of people love their oily diapers from Wal-Mart!

When they told you they could not get the oil filter off, you should have asked them to show you what/how they attempted to remove it. You may have noticed the damage to the filter at that time. As for the oil pressure sensor not working, if the truck is still under warranty, then they(Ford) should repair it.

Last edited by dewman; 02-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
hummmmm

No offense, why would you get your oil changed at WAL-MART? I wont even walk in that crap pit unless I was really really really desperate.

Oh and welcome to the board.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 AM

I realize that hindsight is 20/20, but after Wal-Mart said that they could not get your filter off, you should have had it towed to Ford at their expense. Once they damaged the filter, they should have been responsible the repair. No I am afraid that you might be stuck with the repair.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:32 PM

one of the wallmarts in my area only hires pepole with troubled home life or guys that couldnt wear a paper hat at there last job.i sh*&t you knot i saw this kid at wallmart use a air aimpact gun to take off and put on the oil plug.now i know not all wallmarts have pepole like this working for them but you should have had them put youre truck back on the hoist and had the store manager come and look and not have left the store untill you were happy.once you leave they can say anything.i hope it works out for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Quackhead

Welcome to the forum! Thats all I have to say about that.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 PM

You Had Your Oil Changed At Wal-mart? What Were You Thinking? Anybody That Cannot Change Their Own Oil Should't Even Be Alowed To Own A Truck. Maybe This Is Acommon Sense Issue Not A Engine Problem.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by KIRT
You Had Your Oil Changed At Wal-mart? What Were You Thinking? Anybody That Cannot Change Their Own Oil Should't Even Be Alowed To Own A Truck. Maybe This Is Acommon Sense Issue Not A Engine Problem.
Calm down there big boy

Quick Reply: engine problem triton 5.4 v-8