Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Banks Power Stinger System

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Power Stinger System

Hello all,
I just joined the sight to be able to share my new addition to my 2013 F150 FX4 Ecoboost. Today I installed Banks Stinger system (Intake/Exhaust/AutoMind Programmer) with the help of a couple colleagues. For those of you wondering the intake is a 1 man job/est. 40min. The exhaust is a 2+ man job/est. 1.5 hours working on the ground/no lift. Programmer 1 man job 20-40 minutes including updating the programmer out of the box online.
I primarily purchased the system in hopes of improving the efficiency and MPG of my truck. I use 91 octane Shell/Chevron gasoline and average 13.5mpg city and 17-17.5mpg highway on cruise control (Orange County to San Diego 70-72mph cruise control at night with no traffic and rarely having to turn CC off)
The truck is now programmed using the 'Economy' setting. I'm a normal/cautious driver on the streets and highways and enjoy my truck to it's full potential in Baja.
My goal again is to improve the MPG of my truck for my day to day driving and will update my post in 2-3 weeks after driving as usual with Banks Stinger System. I hope this will help you in the future if you are considering this upgrade yourself.

Last edited by Leoh7900; 07-29-2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Added to Title
Old 07-29-2015, 02:39 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 10-04-2017, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Long overdue but here it is.
Intake: Don't know that it did much to improve the MPG of the truck. It adds very minimal noise to the cab of the truck.
Exhaust: Same here. Not sure it did much to improve the MPG of the truck. Adds small to moderate noise to the cab of the truck but not an issue knowing it will be louder then stock. No drone or loud noises.
AutoMind Programmer: I tried the various modes of the programmer and could not see any gains to the performance of the truck in any of the setting options.
Overall opinion: I tell myself the Banks system is adding efficiency to the truck without improving the MPG during everyday driving as I could never notice a difference while monitoring the MPG screens the FX4 truck offers.
All said and done it's hard to confirm hard data with everyday driving and use under normal driving conditions. The truck sounds great when you stomp on the gas when enjoying the truck in the desert and that puts a smile on my face.

Quick Reply: Banks Power Stinger System