Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another new guy...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Another new guy...

After a few months of owning an Escape I couldn't stand it's lack of dependability anymore, so I'm upgrading to an F150. Thought I'd join the site, as I have with many other vehicles I've owned over the years. I just hope this truck will last longer then the last few.
I started off with a 2012 Silverado in 2012 and it was a great truck but I needed something that could tow more, it was only a 4.8. So I upgraded to a 2014 Silverado, but it had a vibration problem that GM wouldn't fix. In that time I bought my old 1991 Silverado and figured it could take over tow duty, and it does it great. So I dumped the 2014 and picked up the Escape, thinking it would be a good DD.
Boy was I wrong, I thought the Silverado had an issue with the vibration, but I've had this Escape 7 months and it's been in the shop 3 of those months. On top of that it gets worse MPG then the Silverado got.
Anyway I talk to the Ford dealer and I'm going to be trading the Escape in on a RCSB F150 XLT with a 5.0. I'd like to go back to GM but I'm afraid the trucks might still have a vibration problem, and Ford is giving me the best deal out of the Big three...
Any know issues these new trucks have, anything I should be looking for at the dealer when looking at the trucks? I heard some of the body gaps can be off...
Old 04-03-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's funny you mention problems with your Escape. My fiancé had numerous problems with her escape until we traded it in. We really wanted to like it but it had problems with some of the dumbest things (i.e. ECU went bad, spark plug blew out) and she didn't trust it anymore.

I also read about the rampant vibration problems with GM vehicles. I was researching Tahoes and it sounds like it's across multiple platforms and they have no fix for it. I was with a friend test driving a Silverado and it was a very bouncy ride. I chalked it up to the roughness of the road but after reading more into it, I started to wonder.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

I find it funny the first thing you said was wrong with your fiancés Escape is the very reason I've had mine in to the dealer so many times, the ECU has crapped out three times now. I want to get rid of it for the same reason, I don't trust it.
What I don't get about the GM vibration issue is that for the most part the new truck and last truck share the same chassis (07-13 levelling kits work on the 14+ trucks), so the vibration is coming from a new part, either the rear end or engine. I don't know why the fix is so hard to find. Other then the vibration the truck was great, it got great fuel economy, rode good, handled good and tow like a dream. I haven't heard of any vibration problems with the 16's and few of the 15's, I think it was just a first year glitch... Every manufacturer has them...

I'm just hoping the F150 I get is good, because I don't think I could take the disappointment in three vehicles in a row being lemons...

Quick Reply: Another new guy...