Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new guy

Hello. My name is Matt and I'm new to the forum. Recently bought a used '07 F150 XLT Supercab (at least that's what I think it's called... the one with the half-back doors.... I've had people tell me its called 3 or 4 different things now). Had 63K miles on it when I purchased it. While I love the truck, it hasn't been an entirely smooth ride. 4X4 system started acting up on me the day after I bought it and it had to go back to get some vacuum lines, actuators, and hub assemblies replaced, thankfully under warranty considering it was $2500 in repairs. The front axle was partially engaging even though I had 2WD selected. Is that a common issue? Just glad it got fixed. Then noticed 2 weeks later that the fuel pump control module was rusted/corroded beyond belief, not sure how the truck was still running. Jury is still out as to whether or not the dealer's going to cover that one. Spare tire lock was so rusted it popped out of it's hole, and the tailgate lock doesn't work. At least I know what to look for next time.

I've been noticing a few things that I just want to make sure are normal/okay with it before the warranty runs out. I already posted it is a new topic here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f2/air-hissing-sizzling-dripping-262194/#post3531709

If anyone's willing to give it a read and let me know what they think, I'd appreciate it. Forgot to mention it in the original post, but I've also noticed that sometimes the transmission will give a gentle "kick" or "lurch" when placed into Reverse or Drive. Happens particularly when the engine's cold or even when it's warm with the A/C running. It's really not too bad, but I can definitely feel when the gear engages. Again, is that sort of normal? Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Tony
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Another new guy