Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004-2008 frame dimensions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004-2008 frame dimensions needed!

Hello everyone! if anyone has a 2004-2008 f150 with the engine removed, i need some dimensions for a huge project. I don't currently have one of these trucks...yet, but i will be getting parts from one, to put in a different truck. What i need is:

-frame width on inside+outside of frame rails at upper and lower control arms (also top and bottom of same section being measured.

-front axle width (outer drivers side seal to passenger side axle flange)

-rack and pinion width (including inner tie rods)

-cv axle installed lengths

-sway bar length

-upper control arm dimensions (inside and outside and width of each mount)

-lower control arm dimensions (inside and outside and width of each mount)

-lower control arm crossmember dimensions

-steering knuckle dimensions

-Pictures with all measurements would be most appreciated!

I am essentially going to be turning the front end of an explorer into the front end of an f150. To make this go as smoothly as possible, i need to have measurements to compare to. I can't simply graft the whole front section of the frame, so i have to modify my truck as close as possible. I understand that doing this will make my track width 8.5" wider in the front, and that i will probably have to modify almost every bit of steering and suspension geometry, but with the help of you folks, it will happen. My Explorer is also going to be getting motor+transmission+Tcase swapped, body lifted, and probably a rear diff from a donor F150 as well so my track width will be equal on both axles.

Currently i am already running F150 leaf springs in the rear of my Explorer and they ride great, as well as hold up good to off-roading.

Thanks in advance to everyone and happy modding! If i can be of any help to anyone just message me!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 PM
F150 Forum

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Lane
Hello everyone! if anyone has a 2004-2008 f150 with the engine removed, i need some dimensions for a huge project. I don't currently have one of these trucks...yet, but i will be getting parts from one, to put in a different truck...
Why don't you just buy our Ranger long travel kit that fits Explorers? This will increase the track width by 9 inches. Then if you pair that with an F150 rear end it will almost match up perfectly, it would be like an 1" narrower in the rear.

It would save you a ton of work and give you a ton of performance.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome!

AutoAnything is the one stop shop for mods! We price match and offer forum member discounts.

PM me or select the CHAT option if you have any questions!

AutoAnything
Old 12-17-2014, 09:41 AM

Because a big goal of this project is to ditch the torsion bar suspension, I've looked into kits that would give more travel and they're either insanely priced or impossible to contact, and either way they require tons of welding. I'll keep all options on the table, but I'd still like to stick with my plan
Old 12-17-2014, 02:02 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 09-18-2021, 06:46 PM

Did you ever get the frame specs? I'm going to need them too

Quick Reply: 2004-2008 frame dimensions needed!