Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1995 Ford f150 4.9L automatic 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
cmsmech1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Ford f150 4.9L automatic 2wd

The truck is hard to start when cold. It will start every time but hesitates and stalls. It gets better each time you try to start it after about the third or fourth time it starts and runs good but has a very minor miss. You can watch the engine every 5 to 10 sec. it has that little miss. but the main problem with it i have is it misses while driving at a steady speed 50mph or so. also if you push the gas pedal down about half way it stumbles jerks misses then it stalls if i keep the gas pedal held at that position. If i let off the gas pedal it will stay idling then i can press the gas again and it will go but may have to do it once or 2 or 3 times before it will go again.I thought it was the tps sensor but i tested it it has 5 volts in, good ground and the output wire is around .5 volt or something at closed throttle and the voltage gradually increases as you open the throttle. I tried to make the tps malfunction by opening closing real fast then part throttling it about 50 times it would never give me any indication of defect. I have done alot of tests. There are no codes off or running. Any ideas or question please help me.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Happy Holidays and Welcome to F150forum.com ... Lots of good guys and information on here... Be sure to post some pictures ..

You need to start a thread in the pre 96 section.. and they can help you out alot

Quick Reply: 1995 Ford f150 4.9L automatic 2wd