Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

what does everyone use to clean their interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what does everyone use to clean their interior?

Just curious to see what everyones using to detail there interior. I personally have been using the turtle wax ICE interior care. It works to clean the dash, seats, and floors. The only thing I dont use this stuff on is the glass. It works awesome to take out stains. My arm rest was pretty dirty so i used it on there and it cleaned it up super nice. It beats using a carpet cleaner, or taking it in to have it detailed. As for the dash and plastic parts, it does okay. It gives it a little shine, but not super glossy, and it gives the truck a fresh clean smell that actually lasts for a few days. I used to use Armor -all but quit doing that cuz I heard that it can actually cause the plastic to crack, and not to mention it collects a ton of dust. Now Im sure youre thinking this is some sort of sales pitch, but its not. I just wanted to see what everyone else uses, and if anyones tried this stuff, and/or has had better luck with something else.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I have been using Eagle NX interior protectant for a few months and I must say... I used to detail cars for a living in my younger days and this stuff is as close as I can come to non-retail cleaners. It cleans pretty well but the clean/shine that it does lasts for a few weeks as long as you don't go trail riding with the windows down.

Also... if anyone has heavy stains on their carpets, you can use your normal foaming carpet cleaner but spray diluted 50/50 Castrol Superclean on top of the foam along with a stiff brissle brush. After brushing in the cleaner, spray lightly spray with foam again and rub off with towel. It will absorb the dirt. This makes them look damn good for not being new.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I like using hyperdressing. You can mix it from 1:1 to 4:1 ratio depending on the amount of shine you want. Personally I use a 1:1 ratio on the tires because I really like them to shine and I typically use a 3:1 ratio on the interior.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I like using hyperdressing. You can mix it from 1:1 to 4:1 ratio depending on the amount of shine you want. Personally I use a 1:1 ratio on the tires because I really like them to shine and I typically use a 3:1 ratio on the interior.
wow never heard of that stuff.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cole_ford
wow never heard of that stuff.
Click the link, scroll down the page and you'll see it. I absolutely love the stuff and use it on all of my trim.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...e%20Prices.htm
Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use this Meguiars interior/vinyl cleaner it has done an excellent job on my other car and other cars I clean. The shine and protection lasts a pretty long while.

For coke or other sticky messes on plastics I'll spray Tough Stuff into the cup holders etc. for a few minutes then scrub it up.

All the glass I use invisible glass.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:21 PM

i just use windex for the windows and dash it cleans up real well and it doesnt leave streaks.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:36 AM
New-to-me F150 Owner

Glass: Newspaper, Stoner's Invisible glass, razor blade (if needed), and good ol' RainX

Dash/Door Panels: Stoner's Invisible glass to removed dirt, STP Son of a Gun for protectant.

Carpet: Resolve High Traffic carpet cleaner

Paint:
Wash - Meguiars NXT Gen Car Wash
Claybar - Mother's California Gold
Brightwork - Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish

Waxes:
- Cleaner - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
- Compound - Meguiars Ultimate Compound
- Scratch Remover - Kit Scratch Out
- Polish - Meguiars Gold Class Liquid

Tires:
- Rubber - Purple Power
- Wheel/Rim Cleaner - Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
- Raised White Letter - Westley's Bleche White
- Shine - Turtle Wax Wet n' Black

Supplies:
- Rags - ArmorAll "Drying Towel" (Waffle weave w/ microfiber on back), WalMart Microfibers, and terry cottons.
- Pads - Zymol foams and WalMart Cloths
- Buckets - Advance Auto Parts 5gal x2 (two bucket method)
- 1" dry paintbrush... Soft tip.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strangerous
Glass: Newspaper, Stoner's Invisible glass, razor blade (if needed), and good ol' RainX

Dash/Door Panels: Stoner's Invisible glass to removed dirt, STP Son of a Gun for protectant.

Carpet: Resolve High Traffic carpet cleaner

Paint:
Wash - Meguiars NXT Gen Car Wash
Claybar - Mother's California Gold
Brightwork - Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish

Waxes:
- Cleaner - Meguiars Cleaner Wax
- Compound - Meguiars Ultimate Compound
- Scratch Remover - Kit Scratch Out
- Polish - Meguiars Gold Class Liquid

Tires:
- Rubber - Purple Power
- Wheel/Rim Cleaner - Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
- Raised White Letter - Westley's Bleche White
- Shine - Turtle Wax Wet n' Black

Supplies:
- Rags - ArmorAll "Drying Towel" (Waffle weave w/ microfiber on back), WalMart Microfibers, and terry cottons.
- Pads - Zymol foams and WalMart Cloths
- Buckets - Advance Auto Parts 5gal x2 (two bucket method)
- 1" dry paintbrush... Soft tip.
**** you got this down to a science...... the only thing i differ on is for stain removal on carpet or interior is lifter 1 carpet stain remover.... ihave seen it lift grape kool aid off of white carpet....works just awesome..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:27 PM

I personally use this stuff called "Natures Orange" it is just a citrus cleaner that you can dilute to what you desire. I work in a warehouse so a lot of times i get really dirty on my arms and hands and forget to wash up before jumping in my truck. I use it diluted quiet a bit for plastics. For say like that nasty stuck on red dirt in the wheel wells, I just use it straight, let it soak, then blast it with the hose. The natures orange works good for getting the grime out and it seems to not damage anything.(I have been using it for years on my dirt motorcycles).

After using the Natures Orange to get the dirt out to give the dashboard and such a nice bright shine i use "Formula 21" formally formula 2001. Just spray on a rag and wipe, works great

I do have one question though, most of you are talking about using the stain removers to use on carpet, what about on the cloth seats.(One of the things i should have upgraded on my truck when i bought it ). I've got stains in the seats from drinks and food...but i am scared on what to use because i do not want to wreck the grey/black color... any sugestions?

Quick Reply: what does everyone use to clean their interior?