Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

REVIEW: Carpro Essence Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:19 AM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Default REVIEW: Carpro Essence Plus

My personal experience...

I have a client that I installed CQuartz FINEST on his vehicle about a year and a half ago.
He brought the vehicle in to me today. The CQF coating was "flat" (no beading/sheeting).
There were swirls, minimal in some places and lots of noticeable swirls in other areas.

Marketing...
Essence Plus is a non abrasive jeweler that adds gloss and repairs fine swirls on a coated vehicle.

Name:  IMG_1590.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  610.4 KB

I told the client Essence PLUS is supposed to repair the swirls and not remove the coating.
I let him know that I have not tried Essence PLUS yet, but I`d like to try it on his vehicle.
He stated that I could give it a try. He left it up to me to do what I thought was best.

SIDE NOTE:
This is the third vehicle I done for him. He is a very picky post inspection client.

My first time REAL WORLD use...
After I polished a panel and the swirls were gone, I thought to myself what do I need to do now?
Nothing!!! Once around the vehicle with the machine. Swirls gone! LSP done! (It felt like cheating)

Name:  2015%20Ford%20Explorer%20-%20CP%20Essence%20PLUS%20-3.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  253.8 KB

Application:
Rupes Bigfoot 5" Backing plate, a 5" Carpro Gloss pad and Essence PLUS (4 peas sized drops)
No down pressure on machine & slow speed. Let the product work. Wiped it of with a BOA mf.
In a few cases it took 4-5 passes to completely "fill" the swirls. I was amazed. It truly works!
Wipe off was easy, almost like wiping off cream/butter. No grab spots that can give you grief.
Essence PLUS filled in 95%+ of the swirls. Very few areas needed any "touch up" or recoating.

Name:  2015%20Ford%20Explorer%20-%20CP%20Essence%20PLUS%20-2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  284.3 KB

No, that is not dust...Essence Plus kicks up the gloss way up. The metallic really pops now!
Name:  2015%20Ford%20Explorer%20-%20CP%20Essence%20PLUS%20-1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  281.0 KB

The "Merlin Shot"
Name:  2015%20Ford%20Explorer%20-%20CP%20Essence%20PLUS%20-4.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  229.1 KB

Another Side Note:
I gave him a take home "Magic Elixir" QD. (2oz EcH2o 10:1 & then I mixed in 2oz new Reload)

Epilogue:
Essence has a fine abrasive, and prep chemicals to allow applying a coating over it.

Essence Plus is a LSP. From what I was told, you can not apply a coating on top of it.
Essence Plus can be used to repair swirls on many different brands/types of coatings.
The past alternative has been...Polish...to remove the coating & the swirls, then recoat.
IMHO The purpose of Essence Plus is to repair (user induced) swirls on a coated vehicle.
In short: You are not removing clear coat. Swirls are gone and the finish is clear & glossy.

End Note:
This is a review of a product I personally purchased and used on a repeat clients vehicle.