Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Rear Bumper Step Pad Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Step Pad Removal

I'll be trying to remove my 'rear bumper step pad' this weekend and I was hoping to get a quick explanation of the procedure. The vehicle is a 2014 F-150 STX

I took a peek underneath the truck and saw some plastic tabs on the step pad that clip into the rear bumper. These look like they will be easy enough to release. I also saw 2 plastic rivets located underneath the step pad, in the middle underneath where the license plate is located. These plastic rivets go up through the bottom of the step pad and secure it to the rear bumper. The space is tight and I can't get into a position where I can see the top of these plastic rivets. When I reach my hand up there it feels like there is some type of washer or something that hold these plastic rivets in and prevent a person from pulling them out. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or have any experience removing these plastic rivets? If not I can just cut them off, but I would like to salvage them and re-use them if possible.

It looks like these plastic rivets and clips are the only things holding the step pad on, can anyone confirm this? I'd like to know what I'll be getting into before I get started this weekend.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide. I haven't been able to find any information about this on the internet. I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Beachley; 08-18-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Step Pad Removal