Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

how to keep undercarriage clean?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
WDE

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default how to keep undercarriage clean?

my truck has never seen anything too crazy off road, and the undercarrige is spotless. as great as this is, i've finally got my level and off road tires on it and am planning on hitting the trails and letting the truck see a little mud and be a true truck instead of a pavement queen, nothing too intense though (thats what the 4wheeler is for). after i'm done off roading what are some cleaning things that i MUST do to properly clean and keep the undercarriage and the rest of the truck still looking good? because i went mudding once in my dad's old 97 and afterwards the undercarriage felt like it got greasy or something and it looked like it was rusting, and i do not want this to happen to my truck.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I painted everything connected to the frame in POR15 Chassis Coat Black. Frame, axle, leaf springs, control arms, crossmembers, etc. The paint is slippery smooth so it cleans easy, will always be clean black and will never rust. At least for a long time. The paint Ford used feels coarse and porous. Its a lot of work tho.

Quick Reply: how to keep undercarriage clean?