Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Holes in Leather Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holes in Leather Seat

In my, new to me, used truck, I have a couple leather issues that I inherited. One small hole, smaller than a dime on the back rest area of drivers seat and one large issue on the seat where it looks like the driver slid out of the truck. pretty wide gash where you can see foam. All the other leather looks new. drivers seat got some use though. I was just going to get some seat covers and take care of this but was curious if anyone has had any experience using leather patching kits? Saw a youtube video on it the other day and it got me wondering.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I ran a fleet of Ford trucks for 20 years and a few had leather interiors. I shopped around (SoCal) and found a true auto upholstery that made the repairs for under $100. The seat looked like new. I have never found any glue-on repair kit that stayed attached for very long. I'd duct tape the hole after adding some foam and use a seat cover before I'd patch it with a kit. Good luck

Quick Reply: Holes in Leather Seat