Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Faded black bed rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faded black bed rails

Hi I have a 05 f150, and the black bed rails that surround the bed of the truck are fading bad. I believe it is from using amoral spray on the plastic. I wanted to know if anybody knew of a way to repair this. I not sure if I could paint them some how, but still want the truck to keep looking new. I have heard of this "forever black" but I believe the plastic is to faded to repair. Also for the other black plastics that haven't faded, what would anyone recommend to use, because I won't use this armoral again.

Thanks A lot
The1stormy
Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you heard right about the forever black stuff, I have used it on my truck, and it made the faded black plastic around my back window, which was faded so bad it was gray, nice and black again.

it was only 15 bucks, and worked great!

or you could buy new bed rail caps from stylin concepts, I think there is a link to them somewhere on here.

Welcome to the site!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Some dealerships will replace the faded bed rails, but others won't.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I use Hyper dressing and absolutely love the stuff. It gives all my black plastic a nice wet look without actually being wet and it doesn't absorb dirt and dust. It comes in a concentrate and you can dilute it to whatever finish you want from matte to high gloss.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...e%20Prices.htm
Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

I use Mothers Back to Black.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
I use Mothers Back to Black.
How do you think the stuff works and how long have you been using it? Reason I ask is because everyong in the know that I have spoken to won't touch the stuff and says it helps contribute to turning the black plastic white over time.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:04 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
How do you think the stuff works and how long have you been using it? Reason I ask is because everyong in the know that I have spoken to won't touch the stuff and says it helps contribute to turning the black plastic white over time.
ive been using it and meguirs trim shine gel on my car for 8 years...only thing thats faded on my cars trim is the door pillar trim because Ford got cheap and uses a die cut decal.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 AM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Old thread but I get this question from everyone I know in the area. I use the following products on every single piece of trim such as:

Bed Rails
Mirror casings
Front trim on grill
Bumper trim
Mud flaps

and anything else I can find. It keeps it shinny and conditions the plastic. You can find it at any auto parts store:

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/g13415.html
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black Wow! Works great. My trim was "grayed out" badly. Now it's dark black and shiny.

http://www.autogeek.net/black-wow-tr...FQNbxwodph8yng
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole idea is to not let it get that bad, and using sub-par products like Armor All do not yield great results, and do not protect plastics and rubbers/seals like they claim.

Like previously stated, use Meguiars HD on all of your plastics, rubbers, seals, tires, interior and whatever else you want. Its an all around user friendly product.

Quick Reply: Faded black bed rails