Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Detailer's Pro Series, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:02 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,580 Likes on 6,196 Posts

Default Detailer's Pro Series, thoughts?

I have been hanging out on AutoGeekOnline (not sure if thats good or bad...) and decided to try a few of their Detailer's Pro Series items. Specifically the headlight restorer and headlight protectant spray. If I achieve good results I am picking up the DP glass restorer because the previous owner left me with all kinds of etched in watermarks that are driving me nuts. Opinions, good or bad are welcome. I will update the thread with my results. I have some light UV coating peeling on a set of aftermarket headlights that I am about to do a retrofit on is why I am trying this product.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Hanging out at autogeek is good for your vehicle, bad for your bank account. (IMO).

Can't attest to the specific products you're considering, but I've used their trim protectant as an underhood detailer for years and love the results. Here's my '12:

Old 01-23-2016, 10:50 AM

And a before and after of a friend's Miata I detailed. (Granted I used a degreaser, brushes and swabs to clean before using the protectant - but underhood was a total of about an hour's work not counting the dry time.)

Old 01-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I haven't used that specific product....but I've spent so much money on that site and been happy with every purchase. I think that trim protectant is going on my next order!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:08 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,580 Likes on 6,196 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. That engine looks great! What specific products were used?
Old 01-23-2016, 01:17 PM

I used the DP degreaser, though I think most any degreaser would work. The product is actually a "trim detailer"

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-trim-detailer-spray.html

After protecting delicate areas (aluminum foil works well) I sprayed degreaser generously and worked every nook and cranny with brushes (spoke brushes work nice) and foam tipped swabs. Rinse very well. If you can't wait for it to dry use a leaf blower or shop vac to blow out the resting water. Make SURE everything is dry before you apply the detailer.

I usually use a couple of coats an hour or so apart. You should let it dry thoroughly, so this is a weekend project. I usually will do it on a Friday night when I know I'm not going to drive the vehicle for a day or two. The longer it dries, the less likely it is to pick up additional dirt or dust. It will eventually be dry to the touch and leave an almost semi-matte finish.

I have used their interior trim "protectant" also (on interior trim, of course) and that has worked well also.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 PM

This is underhood of the Solstice - done last March. Granted this girl doesn't get much rainy day driving, but it still looks good after about 5k miles.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Here's another "before and after" - getting the convertible ready for driving season. (What else are you going to do this time of the year in Michigan?)

Last edited by chickenwire; 02-01-2016 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Trying to add pictures
Old 02-01-2016, 09:18 PM

Before (yeah, I need to refresh the paint on the calipers)

after the DP trim detailer.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I got a can of their max wax free with an order from autogeek. I liked the shine. I'll wait to put another coat on until it warms up though. It seemed to lose it's shine after a couple washes but when it was fresh the metal flake really sparkled. Compared to the price of some of the other waxes I would try more products in that line.

Quick Reply: Detailer's Pro Series, thoughts?