Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Cleaning Film - Interior Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Cleaning Film - Interior Windows?

I have heard that modern cars have chemicals that evaporate and end up creating a film on the inside of the windshield. Although it isn't visible if you run the A/C, it shows up like "fog" if it

Although not as bad as my old Honda Accord, my new truck already showing signs that stuff is forming.

1) how do you clean it?

2) is there a good way to prevent it from forming.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:37 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Use some water diluted with white vinegar and lint-free cloths for your first pass. Follow up with a quality glass cleaner such as Invisible Glass with more lint-free cloths. No real way to prevent it, it's a byproduct of the plastics in modern vehicles. Frequent cleaning helps.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue_Oval_Boy
Use some water diluted with white vinegar and lint-free cloths for your first pass. Follow up with a quality glass cleaner such as Invisible Glass with more lint-free cloths. No real way to prevent it, it's a byproduct of the plastics in modern vehicles. Frequent cleaning helps.
^^ this. Though less prevalent than years gone by, it happens. I frequently clean with invisible glass.

No real way to prevent it.