Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Cleaning cloth seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cleaning cloth seats

I looked through the first 20 pages of this thread and didn't see anything about cleaning these cloth seats. I have a 2004 Supercrew with the gray cloth seats. I have a few stains on the seats. I have tried several times to clean them and every time I have, a stain is left from where I sprayed it over the stain. In other words, i spray the passenger seat just on the stain. Then when everything is dry there is a ring the size of where I sprayed the shampoo or cleaner. What could I possibly be doing wrong? This is driving me crazy. I have shampooed many of prior vehicles seats before and have never had this happen. I wonder if its the material Ford used in these trucks
Old 12-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

whatever is causing the stain is probably in the foam padding under the cloth.. extract it with a rug doctor or like mechine
Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My father in law recently got into my truck after falling into a swampy creek and left mud caked into the side support of one of my cloth seats. I pulled out my trusty carpet spray that has the bristles on the top and went to work. After a few rounds nothing was happening so I started freaking out. It then hit me it was so deep that all I was doing was moving it around. I grabbed a microfiber towel and after each cleaning allowed the towel to soak up the cleaner and dirt and wallah! Long way of saying try doing the same thing but wipe after each cleaning and see if that helps like it did me.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 PM

I will redo the seats and get my wet/dry vacuum out and suck up the moisture. Thanks for your input!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:21 PM

So I rented a carpet cleaner from a local store and it made a HUGE difference! My seats look close to brand new and I am totally happy with how they turned out. I also cleaned all the carpets in our house as well. It only cost me $29 to use it for 24 hours. Of course the shampoo was extra but I bought that at Walmart

Quick Reply: Cleaning cloth seats