Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

claybar question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default claybar question

For the guys who have done this before, how long approximately does it take to do a SCREW with 5.5 foot bed. I need to clean up my truck and as I'm sure most of you know time is always an issue. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

However long it takes me to drink a 12-pack !!!!!!!!!

ME, about an hour and a half !!!

Then polish time.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I washed, clay bar'd, washed again, and waxed my Charger in about 2 hours. I would say about 3 to do it right.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCB4'sDad
I washed, clay bar'd, washed again, and waxed my Charger in about 2 hours. I would say about 3 to do it right.
Are you The Flash? I don't think I could even do a normal wash/wax in 2 hours. Also, for the OP, Nanoskins are the way to go for something as big as our trucks. I will never touch a claybar again after using a Nanoskin.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If the paint is already in good condition the claybar part doesn't take too long. Hard to say how long the washing part will take. Since you are claybarring it that means you are giving it the works, which means you really go over it with a fine tooth comb, or maybe wash it twice. = time consuming.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. It will be a time consuming chore for sure. I'll have to check out the Nanoskins. May be a good option.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:23 PM

Well I got it done this morning. Washed, claybarred and waxed. Took about 3 1/2 hours. Not too bad and the truck looks good.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:50 PM
MPD
Reds3012783

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoJaffa
For the guys who have done this before, how long approximately does it take to do a SCREW with 5.5 foot bed. I need to clean up my truck and as I'm sure most of you know time is always an issue. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you own a porter cable? If you do I suggest you invest in a product called a NANOSKIN (google it). The product is great. You can drop it on the ground and not have to worry about collecting small particles of sand or dirt --- then scratching your truck when you are cleaning.

With Clay bar if you drop it on the ground you'll have to throw it away.

NANOskin will last you forever. I've had mine for over 3 years. Its also much quicker then clay bar. My truck takes roughly 35 minutes to decontaminate it.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BoJaffa
Thanks for the replies. It will be a time consuming chore for sure. I'll have to check out the Nanoskins. May be a good option.
Been using clay for years just ordered up from amazon, free ship ru listening AG.
Ordered wash mitt and sponge to try out in fine grade. Also amazon has the best price.

Quick Reply: claybar question