Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

All Ready for the 5 Steps

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All Ready for the 5 Steps

Last weekend, I used Meg's Gold Class Car Wash followed up with Gold Class Quik Detailer, and was really happy with my results. So today, I finally broke down and bought the rest of my supplies to do Meg'ss 5 Steps to Car Paint Care. I'm going to start on my wife's 06 Jeep Commnader and If I have time then I'll hit my truck with the same. Here's my setup:
1-Gold Class Car Wash
2-Meg's Clay kit with Quik Detailer
3-Ultimate Compound
4-Ultimate Polish
5-Gold Class Carnauba Liquid Wax

It's going to be a fun weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Should look sharp. Don't go nuts with the abrasives.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by OutdoorPodcast
It's going to be a fun weekend.
Your concept of "fun" differs greatly from mine....
The following users liked this post:
pb803 (03-23-2014)
Old 03-14-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I agree with Shazam. If the finish on any vehicle has been cared for throughout its life, most of what you are using is unnecessary. Clay kits and Ultimate compound should only be used when the surface has degraded to a point where wax will not bring about a smooth shine. I still wash my 44 year old F250 (with factory paint) with Dawn kitchen soap just before I hand wax it with Megs Carnauba Paste wax. The Dawn will cut through the crud that the car soap won't. After all these years I'm finally seeing some thinness to the paint but it still holds a shine.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I've never done much to it. I have several scuff marks from rubbing trees on the hunting trail and I want to see if I can take them out with the UC. There's also some marks from the previous owner that should work out. This will be probably the first time this truck has gotten a nice treatment. Its shines nicely but I think this will take it to the next level.

It has 213K miles but I plan to keep it for a very long time and will replace the engine when I'm forced to.
The following users liked this post:
Marc D (03-14-2014)

Quick Reply: All Ready for the 5 Steps