Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

2009 King Ranch Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Supporting F150 Folks!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2009 King Ranch Seat Problems

I have had seat problems with my 2009 King Ranch seats since about 5k miles. Despite conditioning with the King Ranch Leather Conditioner, my chapparral driver seat has continued to wear prematurely.

I have tried everything! I did the Spa Treatment, Lexol, praying, etc. and nothing made the seat look like new. Ford (as mentioned in hundreds of other posts) refuse to repair King Ranch seats. I took the vehicle to a leather upholstry expert and he said there appeared to be a defect with the dye. He indicated the seat needed to be re-dyed.

So, I took to the internet, seached for the dye, and made the purchase. Sixty-five dollars later I had the necessary products in hand.

It took me about an hour from start to finish to complete the repair. I am not endorcing any products, but rather just documenting my fix... If you would like details or help with your seats, message me.

Driver Seat Before any work was performed

Driver Seat after sanding with 600 grit (this was the pucker moment)

After Dye was applied and allowed to dry

After Top Clear Coat was applied and allowed to dry

After Lexol was applied and seat conditioned

Let me know if I can help anyone experiencing similar problems...
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely amazing. They look new! I have the same wear on my driver's side. I'm going to be messaging you.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem, but worse. You did a great job on your seats. Can you tell me what you purchased to fix your seats.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Supporting F150 Folks!

Sorry for the lapse in response time. I have been chasing my 2 y/o around and she keeps me busy. I messaged tallydawg about digging up my receipts. I will work on that this weekend and respond with the name of the product, where I made the purchase, and what it cost. I think I spent about $50...

I will follow-up shortly!

Frank
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by SuperTron74
Sorry for the lapse in response time. I have been chasing my 2 y/o around and she keeps me busy. I messaged tallydawg about digging up my receipts. I will work on that this weekend and respond with the name of the product, where I made the purchase, and what it cost. I think I spent about $50...

I will follow-up shortly!

Frank
Awesome.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 PM

Wow! and i thought i was the only person having problems with the new chapparal king ranch leather.......
My drivers seat side (like yours) are showing cracks in them like they are too dry even though i condition them once every 2 months.
here is a picture of my trucks "problem" pece of leather.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/mem...-dsc02074.html
what should i do??
Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Supporting F150 Folks!

Default F-150 King Ranch Seat Dye Receipt

Sorry it has taken me so long to dig up the details. I PDF'd my receipt for my purchase. The website is on the receipt. They were very helpful and sent me detailed instructions.

After several months, mine still looks good. There are some areas I may spot treat which I probably missed previously.

If you have any questions, please email me!

Frank
aka SuperTron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F-150 Dye Reciept.pdf (29.4 KB, 502 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:27 PM

supertron,

I just got back to this thread and wanted to say thanks. I haven't ordered anything yet but I will once funds allow.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:10 PM

Someone sent me here from another forum since I was having the same issue. 2010, 1 year old this month and it almost looks like the same wear as yours.

Should have rotated the image, but that is the bottom of the drivers seat.

2009 King Ranch Seat Problems-rfzhq.jpg
Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM

ack;

I sent you here. Scroll up and see there is a attachment by supertron. That is his receipt of items he purchased and from where. His 'method' was in the first post. Good luck... I have the same wear on my (09) but haven't bought the stuff yet.

Quick Reply: 2009 King Ranch Seat Problems