Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

15/16 King Ranch Leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Default 15/16 King Ranch Leather

So what does everyone use on this? I think it's more like the leather in the other trims now than the old school king ranch, but I feel its still slightly better quality. Just got the truck, so want to keep it looking nice and new as long as possible so looking for recommendations on cleaner/conditioner and how frequently to use it.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:57 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

King Ranch leather is different than the other leathers in that it is not sealed. On the other trucks there is no need to use leather conditioner because of this since it won't soak in. But to keep your KR leather looking nice a monthly application of leather conditioner is recommended. I use Lexol leather conditioner. But you can also go online and get leather conditioner at the King Ranch leather shop itself.
Ford recommends that you use the King Ranch leather shop conditioner. It's more expensive than Lexol.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:07 AM

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

I use Meguires leather cleaner and conditioner, this product really works great and leaves a great shine but not greasy.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by runningW
King Ranch leather is different than the other leathers in that it is not sealed. On the other trucks there is no need to use leather conditioner because of this since it won't soak in. But to keep your KR leather looking nice a monthly application of leather conditioner is recommended. I use Lexol leather conditioner. But you can also go online and get leather conditioner at the King Ranch leather shop itself.
Ford recommends that you use the King Ranch leather shop conditioner. It's more expensive than Lexol.
Are you sure the new KR leather isn't sealed like all the others? I partially guess that it is. Also what other areas on a KR are real leather...
Seating surfaces and steering wheel...
What about seat backs?
Dash components?
Shifter area?
I can't think of any other spots where there is any "leather" like surfaces...
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 AM

Armrest on the doors?
Old 10-11-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scharft
Armrest on the doors?
Yeah, forgot that one... or other parts of the door trim.

So which areas are real leather? Which are sealed, which aren't, etc... does anyone have any real facts about this?
Old 10-11-2016, 12:32 AM

Seats - Front - Bucket seats with center flow-through console, King Ranch® leather trim
Standard in the F-150 King Ranch are leather-trimmed, heated and cooled 10-way power driver and passenger bucket seats, memory driver’s seat, flow-through console with leather-trimmed cover and leather-wrapped floor shifter, and heated second-row leather-trimmed 60/40 flip-up split seat.

Steering wheel - Mesa leather-wrapped
Standard

Seats - Front - Bucket seats with center flow-through console, King Ranch® leather trim
Standard
Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by centex99
Are you sure the new KR leather isn't sealed like all the others? I partially guess that it is. Also what other areas on a KR are real leather...
Seating surfaces and steering wheel...
What about seat backs?
Dash components?
Shifter area?
I can't think of any other spots where there is any "leather" like surfaces...
I can tell you for certain that at least the seat fronts of the KR are not sealed unlike virtually all other leather on all other cars. That is why Ford recommends they be treated differently with a product that actually soaks in the leather and conditions it and keeps it pliable. KR leather conditioner or Lexol or Meguiers are excellent choices. If you want to experiment take a small dab of leather conditioner and put it on a portion of the KR seat and take a dab and put it on another leather seat like in a car or another truck. The leather conditioner will soak in the KR and not in the other truck as a general rule.

I love the KR leather it is amazing. I know it used to actually come from the King Ranch type of cows, not sure where it comes from anymore. But it is amazing and I love it. Keep it conditioned and it will last for years. Once a month for 10 minutes is really all you need.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 AM

I agree taking care of my KR is diffent than my wife's Edge Limited. As stated I use the Meguires and it shines for weeks. I use it on the dashboard, gear shift, front and back of seats, armrest and last steering wheel.

I do take mine to car and truck shows and everyone thinks it's a new 16 (15 with 13,000 mile), if that tells you anything.

Quick Reply: 15/16 King Ranch Leather