Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

What's with all the advertising?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts
Default What's with all the advertising?

Wow, I thought I was on FaceBook for a second. Is it really necessary to have ads popping up on the top banner, down the side of the site page and even on the bottom? I understand the need for money to run the site but seems like a sell out Just me being cranky, again
Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Cruz'n Down The Boulevard

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Why no ads for the F150, or does Ford figure they already have us in their pocket...correction.... Ford has their hand in our pockets
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc D
Wow, I thought I was on FaceBook for a second. Is it really necessary to have ads popping up on the top banner, down the side of the site page and even on the bottom? I understand the need for money to run the site but seems like a sell out Just me being cranky, again

Well...somebody has got to pay for the site. It doesn't run itself for free.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

They can always get rid of them and charge you a membership fee...you should be use to it if your on facebook.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
Basically this ^^^ For a site this size ads are absolutely essential to keeping the lights on so to speek. I understand that they are annoying at times but without them there would be no free forum. However there should be no pop up ads, if there are please take a screen shot of them and forward them to the site admin Lenn so he can pass it on to the people that owns this site. As for the content of the ads we have little control over that, they are Google based ads and pick ads based off of keywords used in the site so if youre seeing ads for chevy, well thats because someone was talking about a chevy in a thread somewhere. Thats in a nutshell how that works.

Last edited by kozal01; 09-07-2013 at 10:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (09-06-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
They can always get rid of them and charge you a membership fee...you should be use to it if your on facebook.
Well I'm not sure what Face book you visit but I've never paid for any membership fees on mine. As for the ads on this site these are something new I've never seen before. Vehicle/truck ads OK but I'm looking at a banner ad that is for a recliner chair by "Stressless" . It opened as I passed by the ad, and won't close now and it's covering my post. Guess I'll log off and try again.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

ads are fine but I do agree there is a lot on this forum. then anyother forum im on.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
It is funny that I see that response on just about every forum there is. Let me point out that it costs next to nothing to host a forum on a server (even a dedicated server)(I am in the business) and one vendor easily pays for that. This is a money making machine and from the looks of it, it is doing quite well. ADs are the way of life on the internet and if the forum owner(s) want ADs to make money, well then, so be it. But let's please stop saying someone has to pay for it like it costs thousands of dollars a month and the owner is some down out of luck guy, because it doesn't and they aren't.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LiftedTeal95
ads are fine but I do agree there is a lot on this forum. then anyother forum im on.
If you want to see Ads, log out and then check this forum out. LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

The Infinity ad is horrible-it messes up the screen size on my ipad and I find myself spending much less time here due to that ads width

Quick Reply: What's with all the advertising?