Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Thank God for Norton

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

Default Thank God for Norton

There is a Vendor link here that Norton blocks me getting to as a known malicious site. Edge something or other.

But I just had Angler Exploit Tool Kit Blocked by Norton while here. That is about as bad as it gets. What protections are being utilized here that something as bad gets this far?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by River1
There is a Vendor link here that Norton blocks me getting to as a known malicious site. Edge something or other.

But I just had Angler Exploit Tool Kit Blocked by Norton while here. That is about as bad as it gets. What protections are being utilized here that something as bad gets this far?
You are going to have to do a little better than "Edge something or other", identifying a supposed Vendor &/or Link in question, in order for me to investigate, as I find no registered Forum Vendors beginning w/ the word "Edge".

Please provide me w/ more specific information. PM me the location on the Forum where you came across it (Thread or Post in possible), or at least the link in question ASAP, & I will proceed from there.

Last edited by ymeski56; 07-16-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I wonder if it's an advertisement banner. I've seen adverts for Edge tuners.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:39 AM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

I think that's what it was. They, whoever they are, took all this to PM. Norton also said it doesn't have to be the site itself. It could be the URL rather then the site. And yes, it was the banner which came through Amazon and the name doesn't show up in the vendor directory. It's something a vendor offers.

Quick Reply: Thank God for Norton