Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Stereo, audio forum?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo, audio forum?

Noticed on other forum sites a stereo/audio forum. Be nice for a forum site devoted to F150's to have a stereo/audio forum. I know it's aftermarket, but would be alot easier than sifting through the clutter of other aftermarket subjects. Same thing could apply to other subjects or catagories on the F150 like work trucks (that's what mine is hahaha) and electrical (power windows,seats,dash,lights) and so on. Just a suggestion or idea. Sure would like to see something like those. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Mitch...Thanks! Those are good ideas. I'll talk to Nathan about them.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitch that sounds great!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Just thinking out loud

Thanks Jon and Supercc. Was just thinking out loud, thats all. Thought people could give out thoughts and ideas on paticular subjects and special intrests concerning the F150. Plus post pics of certain things they've done on that subject. Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the whole purpose of this section. I love this forum board. Everyone is open to any ideas and everyone has a spot for stuff.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You beat me to it Mitch. I was actually going to start a thread asking for an audio/video section.

Well with that said I'm not saying this at all to brag or anything but if any of y'all need help with audio/video components give me a hollar. I've installed many cd players and in-dash tv's, subs and sub boxes, speakers, and many other things in all sorts of vehicles. I've never actually done an F-150 but I've done many Expeditions which are pretty much identical. If I don't know the answer I will definitely find it for you so if you don't feel like looking something up let me know and I'll find it out for you.

I love this forum and will do anything and everything to help this forum and the people on this forum!!!

Brian
Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 AM

Question I'll start with a question for ya Triton

Originally Posted by Triton v8
You beat me to it Mitch. I was actually going to start a thread asking for an audio/video section.

Well with that said I'm not saying this at all to brag or anything but if any of y'all need help with audio/video components give me a hollar. I've installed many cd players and in-dash tv's, subs and sub boxes, speakers, and many other things in all sorts of vehicles. I've never actually done an F-150 but I've done many Expeditions which are pretty much identical. If I don't know the answer I will definitely find it for you so if you don't feel like looking something up let me know and I'll find it out for you.

I love this forum and will do anything and everything to help this forum and the people on this forum!!!

Brian
I have an '05 150 ext.cab and would like to put my 9 year old kenwood 280 watt amp in the truck. It still works great and dont want to spend any more money than I have to. So th question is, where can I put the damn thing. Don't want to lose the space in the rear seat since I haul alot of stuff back there. Would like to put it behind the rear seat back but don't know if there's room. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your best bet is to get a Box that fits under your rear seat.

and I have a old kenwood amp That I use too, Im not sure exactly how old it is, I just know that it still works, lol
Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How big is the amp Mitch??

and x2 on what Ty said. Crutchfield.com sells sub boxes that are made for certain types of vehicles and prolly have one for our trucks.

Now as far as mounting the amp....I looked under the back seats and the passenger side has the jack underneath. The driver's side also comes up and has a little room underneath it but it doesn't look like there is enough room for an amp. I really don't know how we would put a system in our trucks without sacrifing leg room or seating. We could always do a custom mount like cutting under the seat to make it fit but I'm sure that many people don't want to start cutting their trucks up.

It was ALOT easier in the Expedition because of all the room in the back. Give me some time.....I'll think of something.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks guys, but would really like to keep the amp off the floor. I fold the back seats up and use the space for tools and materials(it's a work truck) so I'd like to put it on the wall behind the back of the rear seats like I did on my '90 F150, but I don't think there's enough room. Still haven't figured out how to get the backs off but will look in my chiltons or haynes books for that one. I'm always open to other optoins and may consider a box for the amp. Guess I'll check out Crutchfields, I've ordred from them before. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo, audio forum?