Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

spam idea

Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Default spam idea

im on the forum like all hours of the night and mornings usually from like 11pm till 630am... i have seen alot of spam come in and i usually report it but by the time there gone they have done it like 15 times... in different threads...... so why dont have it to where if a new member gets a post reported ...it freezes there account intill a moderator reveiws the post??..

because every spammer i have seen has multiple links... and you could not pay me enough to click on one...

or get some 3rd shift mods
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Yeah...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just going to leave this here... thanks

Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Well... with freezing accounts, in theory it would work. The only problem I see with it is that we recieve flags and reports for more than just spam. That would mean accounts would be getting frozen for a statement that offended someone or a creative way of getting around a curse word... things like that. Also, we have new people accidentally hitting the "report post" icon all the time. The reason: "OOps, didnt mean to press this.". Yes, we get that ALOT more than you'd think. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing, looking back on my statement. Haha.

As for graveyard mods, we'll see what Jon and Nathan say. Its their show, we just help direct it.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

thats why you should only freeze the flags of like new members... on there first 24 or so hours... becouse most spam that ive seen is done in like the first 20 mins of there account being made... just a thought...

im down for being a mod also
Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Motorcycle Riding Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could possibly be setup like the "one click clean and ban" feature. Less than 30 days could place the account in an awaiting moderation status or something. Just a thought.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:26 AM
World of Warcraft Witch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanQ
It could possibly be setup like the "one click clean and ban" feature. Less than 30 days could place the account in an awaiting moderation status or something. Just a thought.
That's a good idea. I am a member of a popular marketing forum and we get all kinds of SPAM everyday. That is when the Administrators decided to implement the 7 Day lurker rule. Reduced Spam DRASTICALLY.

Just my two cents.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spam idea