Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

So called "moderators"

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So called "moderators"

I think a certain moderator needs to do a better job. I post a wanted add in the for sale section and it gets locked because it doesn't have to do with F150 parts or accessories.

Whitecrystal locked it but another member posts "Forza 2" for Xbox in the for sale section and his thread made it to 3 pages and it still isn't locked.

Jon, I also looked through the "For Sale" section and noticed over 10 threads that have NOTHING to do with F150 parts or accessories. For example, there was a thread for a 67' Camaro for sale and it never got locked and why is that?? Does Whitecrystal have something against me because of the comment that I made last week or something?? I think that if he's going to be a moderator than he needs to be more consistent on locking threads.

I also see nothing wrong with me posting a wanted add for a phone. Jon can you please explain to me my fault??

Thanks,
Triton
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I am sorry if I offend you by locking your thread. I am just trying to follow the rules of this site. Please read post #4 & 6 https://www.f150forum.com/f19/please-read-before-posting-18/

I don't make the rules, I just trying to follow them...

Your talking about threads that are before I became a moderator... Those threads look to be a month or more old now. Sorry, but I didn't feel the need to go back through the archived posts/threads.

I have nothing against you but that was disrespectful of you posting the same thread after I locked the first one. If Jon or Nathan feel I am wrong in doing so they have the power to unlock it. It has been said by both of them that this is not Ebay and to keep it F150 related.

I am locking your second thread. This has nothing to do with how I feel about you. This section is for for vvvv
Buying or selling Ford F150 trucks, parts and accessories
Until there is a section for selling unrelated stuff for sell I will continue to lock these threads. Please don't take it personal... it's not.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Things always slip by but I would think that non-F150 related stuff should be put in the off-topic area... and I question if they should be here at all. I'll see what Jon things.

But once again, sometimes some threads slip by us and others don't. That doesn't mean that anyone is out to get you. Your always free to report posts that you see outside of the guidelines.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll be honest, I have not been moderating the Trades & Sales section as well as I should be and threads have slipped by.

Whitecrystal is certainly not at fault in the least. He is doing exactly what we have asked him to do.

We have had the idea of selling non-F150 stuff on the site come up multiple times and members have expressed that they would not like to see that happen.

I will lock the threads that are not in agreement with these rules.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok. Everything is fine. White pm'ed me and it's ok. I agree that I don't want this site turning into an Ebay. I just didn't understand why previous threads weren't locked that didn't pertain to F150 parts and accessories but they were overlooked.

I'm looking for a new cell and I figured I could take one off of our member's hands but I'll keep it related to F150 from now on.

Sorry for everything!!!

Brian

Quick Reply: So called "moderators"