Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

for sale threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default for sale threads

ok its getting out of hand, i asked prior and i was blown off, now i am almost demanding a minimum post count to post a for sale thread, at least 100 post, enough to be around the site and other members to notice you and get a feel for you but not astronomically high. this join to sell and bounce song and dance is getting so old. i am sick and tired of seeing this and i get annoyed with every person who does the ill join and sell. is something that is not normal on other sites with this rule in effect. please in act a post count rule.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do agree. I feel like some people are treating this as a Craiglist or an Ebay account to just come on here trying to sell and then leave. I'd hate to see a member that has been here for awhile get scammed by a new member.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the way i look at it is, i think there should be more moderators on here going through all this. a moderator doesnt need to know EVERYTHING about trucks as long as they know about forums. they should be able to delete topics like those before anyone ever even reads them, not just lock them.

and i agree with you blackbetty, but 100 is a lot, i'd say around 50 or so.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

If it bothers you so much, flag it. It brings it right to their attention instead of them having to find it and then realize that they are new. It may just slip by them without noticing their post count.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Paint it black

well 100 post isnt that far off, and doesnt take long to get while also realizing rules of the forum.

and this will make mods not have to patrol as much. call me a forum **** but i personally think that rules on here are for a reason, some more then others, and the intro post before you make a "omg my truck is leaking green fluid" type tread for example gets old just as quick as the f/s threads when its you one and only post in the how to section/for sale section, or what have you. honestly i dont care if i am being a dick about this or if people like skidmarks get mad when i go in a thread and act like a mod, because if there isnt enough policing by them going on then maybe we need more police or to patrol more by ourselves.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:03 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

It just makes it faster and easier for the mods if you flag the offending thread, you know, that little exclamation point. I've seen some for sale threads disappear pretty quickly, but they have to be on the ball, and that doesn't happen all the time. Plus, we've been here long enough to recognize the people who sign up just to sell something or just to get help with a problem and then vanish forever, not to be seen again until there is another problem.

You've got a letigimate complaint, the rules are there for a purpose and they are being broken. You've been here long enough to want these things taken care of.

I've got a new thread for you: "Blackbetty for moderator"
Old 08-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Paint it black

ha why not i see like 90 percent of the threads as is, having a job like i do i get home and there is nothing to do at 3,4 or 5 am but to look at this wonderful forum

and i totally did not know about that report a post thing, and if i did i forgot, but it shouldnt need to have that
Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For me 100 posts would be a tad high. I've been a member of this site from the begining (member 99) and while I read a bunch of posts, I seldom make any, but I do agree there must be a minimum. Maybe 40 or 50?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbetty
well 100 post isnt that far off, and doesnt take long to get while also realizing rules of the forum.

and this will make mods not have to patrol as much. call me a forum **** but i personally think that rules on here are for a reason, some more then others, and the intro post before you make a "omg my truck is leaking green fluid" type tread for example gets old just as quick as the f/s threads when its you one and only post in the how to section/for sale section, or what have you. honestly i dont care if i am being a dick about this or if people like skidmarks get mad when i go in a thread and act like a mod, because if there isnt enough policing by them going on then maybe we need more police or to patrol more by ourselves.
IMO, it's up to every member on here to use some common sense when buying from anyone no matter what the sellers post count is. I really like the suggestion (I don't know who's it was) to have a seller rating... I also understand the statement made that that this is not ebay, but, on the other hand, we do have a for sell section and I really believe that should be added to help to see who you can trust.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
_McLovin_

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On other forums I am a part of there is a standard set for all of the "For Sale" Sections of the forums. For example when you create the thread before it ever post a member of the admin has to approve it, which usually ends up with a PM to let the admin know there is a new thread. Or the member would need to donate a $5 fee to sell something.

Just a couple of ways to moderate the amount of people that join just to sell and leave. I have not been here long but I have been a member of a couple other forums since their creation (in 1999 & 2000) and it has always been something that drove me crazy.

Quick Reply: for sale threads