Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Questions, comments, concerns- garage talk

Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Questions, comments, concerns- garage talk

Ok so now that the new app is out for Android and iPhone I figured there should be a feed back thread for it. I know there are a few other threads out there about the app but they all seem to focus on one thing. So, if we can get all of our comments into one thread it may make it easier for the developers to fix the issue.

Ads - everyone has noticed there is a few ads with the new app. They don't particularly bother me to much yet, but I would like to see them go.

No user interface settings - on the old app you could change the post per page of a thread, your signature, and other user interface items. I can't find that function on this app. The only thing I really care about is the post per page. I used to have mine set to 40 post and it made reading long threads alot easier.

Can't see section under "new post" - on the old app when you were searching through new post you could see what section the thread was in. I found this comvient and it automatically provided some background information on the truck so the question could be answered, because most people don't put the year of there truck In the post they just ask a question. I know you can just go view a sub forum and all the threads about that generation would be there, but I like to view all new post at one time instead of going through each sub forum.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:19 PM
On down the highway

Received 1,665 Likes on 1,088 Posts

I gave up on the app and use mobile web on android.
I can only guess you will not be able to lose the ad's unless you get an ad blocker..ib brands who runs all these forums makes $$ off the ads, no reason they would pull them.
I found the app a step backwards. In this day and age, development and implementation of software should be robust...not high school level.
Myself amongst others most likely will not be renewing my subscription fee if they do not step up to the plate..many long time members have already left completely...damn shame, this was the best run forum ive been on in years, then they fixed it
Old 06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

I feel like they took away my tablet, handed me back an Etch-A-Sketch and said; "whatta think...pretty sweet, huh!"
I hate complaining about folks, I actually consider friends, but how can you take away a fully loaded model, and give back a totally stripped down version of the former, and then expect positive feedback.
Sorry.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck Yeah
I gave up on the app and use mobile web on android.
I can only guess you will not be able to lose the ad's unless you get an ad blocker..ib brands who runs all these forums makes $$ off the ads, no reason they would pull them.
I found the app a step backwards. In this day and age, development and implementation of software should be robust...not high school level.
Myself amongst others most likely will not be renewing my subscription fee if they do not step up to the plate..many long time members have already left completely...damn shame, this was the best run forum ive been on in years, then they fixed it
Originally Posted by masitile
I feel like they took away my tablet, handed me back an Etch-A-Sketch and said; "whatta think...pretty sweet, huh!"
I hate complaining about folks, I actually consider friends, but how can you take away a fully loaded model, and give back a totally stripped down version of the former, and then expect positive feedback.
Sorry.

I agree with both of yall. The more I use this app the more I realize how much is missing or messed up.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:33 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,665 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Maybe they make more money off the ad's? ? They should do the math and see if the paid members 25 bucks is gonna hurt there wallet
I have ad block so it doesn't affect me, but I know a couple long time paid members (already gone) who wont pay another penny for what they did...they should consider a paid app or let paid members off the hook
Old 06-07-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ads are gone now
Old 06-07-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

App will get better at least we have one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions, comments, concerns- garage talk