Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Not receiving private messages

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not receiving private messages

I am not receiving any private messages from any members. I have had several people send me private messages. Am I doing something wrong? I am not receiving any notification or indication that I have private messages in my inbox. I have checked my options I do have private messaging turned on. I have looked at every possible option that I can turn on for private messaging and I am still having this problem. Anyone have any advice?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

There is an option somewhere that let you accept PM's from members... I just looked buy could not find it... I'm not even sure if i would have that seeings how i'm a mod.Another mod or member might be able to help you.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

i just sent you a PM...see if you got it. Click on your PM link on the top right link under your name...see if you see it
Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Is your inbox full?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Bobkyle i have looked at my options

below is a copy of how i have my options set up

This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system. on Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging OFF.Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.Receive on Email Notification of New Private Messages
If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message. ON Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder. ON Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
Visitor MessagingThis forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system. on Enable Visitor Messaging
Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM

No my inbox is not full. I have never received a PM on this fourm. Been a member for a while. I have even set up another account and it is getting PM's. I have double checked the settings and dont see nothing wrong.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM

Doubleleg nothing in my inbox
Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM

Probably got hijacked by the NSA...sorry about that!!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

I sent you a PM... I'm a moderator.. So i'm pretty sure it should over ride settings
Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM

get to the private message options in your control panel:

here are my settings:

This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Quick Reply: Not receiving private messages