Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Mobile ads

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Default Mobile ads

Not a fan of these mobile ads that are unavoidable and take up the entire screen when I am surfing the forums. I pretty much have to close out th entire browser.

(iPhone with Chrome Browser)

I'll try and go back to using the mobile app. There as something a while back that was a dealbreaker for me, but I don't recall what it was.

(Edit - I also see there's another thread related to this, but I didn't notice it given the title doesn't mention ads at all.)

Last edited by SteveLord; 08-05-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

Yeah, it's really getting bad and annoying. FWIW, I noticed it happening to another site that uses this same mobile layout service. My guess is the vendor who is supplying the mobile layout is responsible.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 85 Likes on 52 Posts

Getting redirects frequently over the last few days to an ad for some superhero game and if I don't quickly swipe back it will swap out to the Apple App Store

Running via Safari on iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.3 in the 27302 and surrounding ZIP code area.

Quick Reply: Mobile ads