Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Member of the Month?

Old 01-16-2010, 06:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Member of the Month?

I'm on a few of these type forums - couple of truck ones, and there's lot's of emphasis on "Truck of the Month" --- but some of us will never have the money, time or interest in building a super truck to win votes in that genre.

So how's about a "Member of the Month?" These forums are all about helping one another. We all come here looking for help and giving it when we can. The more participation, the better the entire forum community.

Why couldn't the moderators get together and select a "Member of the month" based upon that individual's participation? I don't mean who can start the most new joke threads - but members who really, freely, give of their time and offer meaningful assistance. Why not a little recognition for guys like that??
Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

That would be really hard to judge and find the post with significant info in them. There would need to be some sort of voting and "Thanks" button that people could use when someone gave decent info. That's the only way I could see that working.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True - but not impossible. A Mac forum I'm on allows you to show if a post was "helpful" or "solved" your issue and the poster is awarded points.

It was just a thought.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the idea of honoring helpful members...I'd have to think about how to best judge that.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:31 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in, just as long as ya vote for me..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Member of the Month?