Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Maybe search before u post????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Built Ford Tough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maybe search before u post????

hi , new member to the site / been here before and am enjoying it,, however i have a issue or other point of view about how the sale/trade section is with the post rule and wanting people to post alot, i speaking from my experience from other fourms where its appreciated by most for people not to post there every concern, they should search for it first so it doesnt crowd the site with the same info and so the same people arent answering questions over and over, just a thought. Thats why it can be frustrating for some like myself who just surfed the site for the help i needed instead of asking. and now would like to post a wanted add, and can't,,, i guess i go babble somewhere till i get my 25.. Also it can help to put the state your in, In your title of your sale add.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

You are preaching to the choir. There is no enforcement nor are there any repricutions (sp?) for not searching. This is not an offense that warrants a vacation of sorts and currently just by looking around, there is not enough people (members, moderators, admin together) to uphold a warning system.

You just have to deal with telling people the obvious "Search before you post" thing. Just a neusance.

As for the state, most people have the location of where they are located below their avatar, but I agree with you. Maybe since you brought up the location topic, you should add your location .
Old 03-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dono16
hi , new member to the site / been here before and am enjoying it,, however i have a issue or other point of view about how the sale/trade section is with the post rule and wanting people to post alot, i speaking from my experience from other fourms where its appreciated by most for people not to post there every concern, they should search for it first so it doesnt crowd the site with the same info and so the same people arent answering questions over and over, just a thought. Thats why it can be frustrating for some like myself who just surfed the site for the help i needed instead of asking. and now would like to post a wanted add, and can't,,, i guess i go babble somewhere till i get my 25.. Also it can help to put the state your in, In your title of your sale add.
For starters this is social and learning forum....there are people of all types and mindsets in here. Some people like to find their own answers and other need to be "spoon fed". We all know it is better to search around as you will learn more and find a greater variety of answers to your question, but everyone is not that way and that is how it is on all forums except we try and limit the rude comments by some about searching. Not saying you were rude at all but you know the comment types I am referring to.

Secondly, the trades and sales section is a side benefit of the site. Unlike other sites where this section is a huge portion of the site, ours is a social gathering and a perk of the group is the modest trades and sales section. There are several sticky's in that section to read if would like to see the Admin/Mod?community's feelings on the matter.

Welcome to the site and we are glad to have you here.

Quick Reply: Maybe search before u post????